Chapter 7

After we all ate, the new alliance met outside. We had actual targets set up this time.
    I sighed and pulled out my wand," give this your all. All of you."
    The team of Slytherins stood to the side while the rest stood spread out. The first ones to attack were Wooshin, Suga and Hansol. I don't know what I had expected from the group. Wooshin, of course, obliterated his target. Suga wasn't too strong but he had mastered a couple stronger spells. Hansol was dynamite like Wooshin. All three targets ended up destroyed.
    Second line was Jihoon, JB, and a guy named Wonho. Again all three were destroyed. However, this time was odd. Jihoon used simple spells to destroy it. I have no idea what spell JB used. I never heard him speak. Wonho was the same as JB. The two threw me off.
    I grabbed my wand and stepped up front. I wanted to show my use.
     I clutched Jackson's bracelet in my free hand and raised my hand," Deprimo." 
      The target on the other end was completely destroyed by the whole through the center.
      I looked up as Wonwoo came towards me and grabbed my hand," you're ok."
      I nod," I know."
      I looked up a small group of guys who were headed to the school. They weren't adults, but not students. They were all fairly tall too.
      I looked at Wonwoo," I wonder who they are."
       He shrugged," no idea."
      We walked up behind them as they went inside. I grabbed Professor Heechul as he waved to them.
     I smiled and looked up," Professor Heenim, who are they?"
     He smiled kindly at me," you should know who they are. They were sent by your mom to scope the place out. If they find any initial danger, they're staying as your body guards."
     My eyes widened," why?"
     He sighed," with all that's been happening, it's a blessing she did it early. Especially after Jackson Wang was taken."
I looked down," I know it seems out there, but I'm going to get Jackson back."
Professor Heenim smiled," I don't think anything is too out there. Especially for you. Madison Crane's daughter who was known as the 'Newborn Heir'. You can do anything, Alice."
I nodded and went back to the group," my mom sent them to check up on everything, but I think we have time. Let's practice and get started on figuring this all out."
     We practiced until curfew. We had forgotten that curfew would possibly slow our progress in finding Jackson. The Slytherins all headed back together. As soon as I got into the common room, I collapsed on the couch. Wonwoo walked over and forced to sit up so he could sit under my head. Instead of forcing me to stay up, he let me lay my head on him. Jungkook sat down and let me prop my feet on him. It wasn't until Hwanhee came that we were almost forced to all sit up.
    Hwanhee just laid down beside me with his head on Wonwoo and feet on Jungkook. I wrapped my arms around Hwanhee and cuddled him like a big teddy bear. Hwanhee was someone I had become close to. He never felt like someone I had met a week ago when school started. Hwanhee felt like a brother. Someone I could trust and cuddle. Wooshin had grown on me the same way. The two were such sweet boys. The reminded me of Ezra and Adriel but without all the brotherly bullying.
    I rested my head on Hwanhee's cheek and sighed," how long do you think it'll take before we find Jackson?"
   Jungkook shrugged," Namjoon said it should be done tomorrow, but that'll only trace who casted the siphoning spell. It wont take us straight to him."
    I frowned," but, I miss him."
    Wonwoo looked down," even with all the flirting and being cocky."
    I nodded," that was just his humor. He was still a good person."
   I scooted up slightly so my mouth was at height with Hwanhee's forehead. He had fallen asleep as soon as he laid down. His hair hung over his eyes and breathed in slumber. I brushed his bangs out of his face played with his hair.
    Wonwoo looked down at me," Jungkook's asleep too."
    I glanced up and sure enough, Jungkook had fallen under the sandman's own spell. He had his head back and his lips were parted. He was more of a 'sexy sleeper'. He slept with a face that was too mature to be considered cute but still attractive. Hwanhee slept with the cutest face, like that of a baby or a puppy. His lips were pouted and his cheek was smashed against Wonwoo's thigh. His eyebrows were slanted in a sad way and his eyelids fluttered. He was the cutest little brother.
     I looked up at Wonwoo, who must have also fallen asleep. His head hung to the side and his narrow eyes were shut. He didn't have a particular expression. It was blank more than anything. They all looked so sweet while they slept. I sat up slightly to look around the common room.
     Sleepy Slytherins were scattered everywhere. The couch, the chairs, even the floor. Elena was passed out of the couch between Bambam and Wooshin. Suga was on the ground right below them. Everyone was so peaceful. For now anyway. I had exhausted them with all my training.
    I laid my head back down on Wonwoo's lap. We all needed sleep.
    I woke up the next day to panicking screams. I opened my eyes to Hwanhee who was barely awake. He was sitting up and looking around. Wonwoo was also awake but still under us for fear of waking us up. Jungkook was stirring but didn't want to budge.
    I sat up at looked around," what happened?"
    Elena looks at me with an angered face," we found out who took Jackson. We also found out why they're siphoned magic."
     I stood up," really? Who? What?"
     She laughed and shoved me lightly," don't act like you don't know."
     I stared at her in disbelief," I don't know."
     Wonwoo stood and got between us," there's no way she would've known."
      I looked around Wonwoo," who was it?"
      She looked at Namjoon," you tell her."
       He sighed and nodded," the spell that was used to siphon Jackson's magic was casted by Ezra Crane. Not only that, but he was in here last night."
       I stared at him," what? How do you know he was here?"
       Namjoon rubbed his head," well, he left a note. He said he had Jackson, but he wanted the power that belonged to him."
     I raised my eyebrow," power that belonged to him?"
     Namjoon sighed," he wants your powers. You're strong Alice. Stronger than him. He wants that."
     I shook my head," this is crazy. What am I supposed to do?"
     Namjoon shrugged," where would your brother keep Jackson?"
     I shook my head frantically," I-I don't know."
      Elena sighed," I knew she was working with him."
     I sat down and held my head in my palms," a place that Ezra would hide things..."
     Namjoon stared at me," think as fast as possible please."
     I looked up at him," wait.... There's one place, but I could be wrong."
     He nodded," uh ok, where?"
     I looked around," at our old house there was an abandon building that Ezra loved to play in. He always said it was his house. I think they might be there."
      Namjoon smiled," ok, but you have to come in case it's a trap."
     I nodded," of course. I want to save Jackson. Nothing else matters right now."
     He nodded in agreement," so we'll make three teams. Me, you, and Elena will lead teams. Who do you want on yours?"
      I hummed," Kuhn, Wonwoo, Jungkook, Leila, JB, Suga, and Jihoon."
     Elena nodded," I'll take Wooshin, Rocky, Bin, Bambam, Mark, Hwanhee, and Jimin."
     Namjoon looked around," Then Jr, Wei, Wonho, Hansol, Vernon, P-Goon, and Yugyeom with me."
     We all split into our three teams, all of us headed to the same place. Each team was assigned a task. My team was to apprehend Ezra. Elena's was to get Jackson out and Namjoon's was to keep the area secure.
     We snuck up on the old building and it was just as I'd remembered. It was old, dirty, and run-down. The walls were littered with graffiti and signs. The windows were shattered and the floors were rotting.
    I crept towards the front with my group close behind me," be careful everyone."
    I peeped through the window and saw people tied to the walls. They were unconscious and all looked exhausted. I didn't see Ezra, but there was no telling where he was.
     I managed to jiggle door open without making a sound and we snuck in. My group stayed on the stairs. I would check the neck floor and someone would guard below. I snuck upstairs and looked over he ledge of staircase. No one was upstiars.
     I went back down and looked at Kuhn," I didn't see anyone."
     He nodded," wands out, keep on guard."
     Everyone obeyed. We all slowly moved around. Eyes open and wands in hand. Elena's group came in the back. As soon as they were in, the were checking all the kidnapped people with Hogwarts IDs to make sure we had the right people.
   Elena looked up at me," Alice, we have a problem."
    I walked over to her," what's the issue."
    She stared at the IDs," none of them match. These aren't Hogwarts students. I don't know who they are."
     I sighed," doesn't matter. Check if they're wizards. If they are, we'll take them to Hogwarts. If not, then we'll take them to a hospital."
     She nodded and began to check them.
      I turned to Wonwoo," how did I not know?"
      He shrugged," how could you? You haven't seen Ezra in a while."
      I sighed," yeah, but how did I now know he hated me?"
      Wonwoo stroked my head," get rid of those thoughts. We need to handle this soon."
      I nodded and continued searching.
      Namjoon came in with a sigh," he's not here. There's a barrier set up around the house now too. Anywhere else he could be Alice?"
     I hummed," the only places I can think are the school where my mom taught him. Or his birth parent's first house. The one he was born in."
     Namjoon nodded," right down the addresses. We need to head out soon. Also, what do we do about all these people?"
     Elena sighed," they're all humans. One team should get them to a hospital or call the police."
     I nodded," ok. Hwanhee, can you call the police and tell thwm what happened while we settle this?"
     He nodded and pulled out his before calling the police.
    I sighed and looked at the people," how sad. Ezra won't be forgiven for this."
    Elena looked up at me," I guess I jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry."
    I shook my head," don't worry about it."
   I looked up at Kuhn," pick one, school or house?"
   He sighed," house I guess. A school's way too big."
   I nodded," let's just hope that's the right choice."
   Wonwoo sighed and leaned on the counter," why is this so difficult? We just want Jackson back."
    I looked down," what if I offer my powers to Ezra?"
    "What a great idea baby sister!"
    I looked around frantically for the voice," where are you, Ezra?"
    His laugh echoed," please. As if I'd ever be there. That place was obvious. How dumb of you. It's just a simple spell. You should know this."
     I groaned," what do you want?"
     His laughing turned to groaning," you know what I want. Give me your magic, I give you them."
      I growled," If that's wha-"
      Wonwoo yelled angrily," she's not giving you her powers! She's your sister you deranged lunatic! How dare you?"
    Ezra chuckled," let's see... Jeon Wonwoo. First year. Scored a 570 out 680. Not too shabby. Lower than Alice's but not too bad."
    Namjoon slammed his hand on the wall," knock it off!"
     Erza mumbled as he shuffled papers," Kim Namjoon? Yeah, Kim Namjoon. Ok... Third-year. Oh! Scored 678 out of 680. I like you. I should siphon you."
      Erza's psychotic chuckle spread," let's read Alice's. Where is yours? Oh! There it is! Alice Crane. What was a wretched name. Blah blah blah. Not important. Oh here's the good stuff. Scored a 690 out of 680. That's impossible but you did it. How? Whatever, keep reading. The second and last child of Madison and Matthias Crane. Second and Last. Oh, but I though mother dearest had three kids. I guess I was wrong."
     He shuffled papers while humming," born with bad heart, but managed to save herself on the operating table. Known as the 'Newborn Heir', 'Charm of Immortality', and 'Immense Power'. That! That's what I want. I want to be immortal. To be the heir. The wielder of the power that mommy loves. Mother's only true love. Oh but not you of course. Your power. She has to protect what she'll one day take for herself. She'll siphon you and Adriel soon. She won't siphon me though. I'm a muggle-born. I'm practically a muggle."
     I yelled at him," shut up Ezra! Mom may act cruel but she does love you. She actually taught you. You and Adriel were the ones she willingly taught. I got shipped to Hogwarts. Mom was never there for me. She loved you Ezra."
     He laughed evilly," well... Not anymore! Mother dearest knows that I did it. I told her after I stole your precious Jackson. Why do you want him back? Your heart doesn't yearn for him the way it does for that boy behind. Jeon Wonwoo. You care for him. So why Jackson?"
     I smiled and looked at Jackson's bracelet that hung from my wrist," Jackson's my friend. I care about him. He's funny and weird and outgoing. He's everything I find fun."
     Ezra gagged," ew. Friendship is horrific. Why make friends? That seems like a waste."
     I sighed," you had friends once. You had me and you had Adriel. We loved you and we still do.
     He chuckled but it turned to cold sigh," Adriel would kill me if possible. His fiancé, she's with child. Oh yes surprising. A small boy. A pure-blood. But now, he will be a muggle. I siphoned his magic while she was sleeping. Adriel won't forgive me."
    I growled and looked up slowly," I'm going to find you Ezra. I'm going to forget that we were once siblings. You have crossed too many borders for me to try and save you. Now, you've taken from Adriel and Arianna. Their child will be born a wizard. I will kill you and return that baby's as well as everyone else's magic. Do you understand? Starting now, Ezra March, you're dead to me."
     He chuckled," you've never called me by my real name. No one has. It's very fitting. Say the whole thing."
     I groaned," Ezra Lucifer March. You are no long Ezra Judah Crane. You're not a Crane member. You're a March. A lowly group of muggles who were slaughtered by Matthias and Phineas Crane. That's right. Father and grandfather killed your family for mother. Mother wanted a baby boy that was a muggle-born. She got what she wanted, but at the price of raising a monster."
Ezra's voice vanished and I sighed," now! We have a short period of time to find him before he tries to kill us all. So, I suggest we head to his old house. It's the best choice for where he is."
Namjoon stared," but how we do we know he's there?"
I looked up," he doesn't think of himself as a Crane. The March house is the smartest place."
He nodded," ok makes sense. We'll realign the plan. Kuhn!"
Kuhn headed over at the mention of his name," what's up?"
I grabbed his arm," can you round everyone up? They listen to you well."
He nodded," I got it! Everyone! Get in your groups! Come on!"
Leila walked up behind me," Alice, I have a question."
I look back at her," sure go ahead."
She sighed and looked up," after this will we be enemies?"
I smiled and grabbed her hands in mine," no. We both care about Jackson. That's what makes us friends."
She nodded and I felt an arm wrap around my waste," but I'm your friend because you love me."
I looked up at Jungkook who weaseled his way into our sweet moment," Jungkook, I don't love you nor any other guy."
He frowned," that's harsh."
I giggled and smacked his arm," you're still my friend."
He sighed," fine."
    I smacked him," at times like this you're still so childish. Let's just try to stay focused."
    After Namjoon redesigned the plan around the new target, we all went over it.
    Namjoon slid his hand down the map," my team will head in through here. We'll set a barrier with a radius of ten feet from the house. At this point, Alice's team will come around the backside and apprehend Ezra. While they're busy with him, Elena's team will come down this way and rescue all the captives."
    I nodded," as for my team, we'll need to attack fast and full power. I'm relying a lot on Kuhn and JB to have my back. You two are the hardest hitters. Jungkook and Wonwoo, you two are my defense. I trust you two to not let me get hurt. Jihoon, Suga, and Leila, you three are my backup attackers."
    My team nodded and JB and Kuhn stood by my side.
    JB looked down at me," you ready to head out?"
    I nodded," yes, but there's one thing I'm afraid of."
    Kuhn patted my head," you have us Bunny. What's there to fear?"
    I looked up and straightened my face," I won't lose to you Ezra."