Chapter 6

The class went by quickly. Jihoon and Jungkook kept me occupied. Wonwoo stood near me at all times. He would either stand behind me or next to me, but never too far away.
When class ended, I realized I had the next three classes with Jihoon. Wonwoo would be in our fifth and sixth classes and Jungkook in our fourth. I didn't mind it though. Jihoon was pretty funny and he was a kind person. He reminded me of a brother except that he wasn't protective or weird. He made me feel more comfortable at Hogwarts.
    Wonwoo was the same way. He made me feel safer at Hogwarts. Hogwarts was supposed to be extremely safe, but that was proven wrong today.
    I grabbed linked arms with Jihoon and Jungkook," let's go to History of Magic. Oh! Wait hang on."
   I let go of them and ran to Wonwoo," Wonwoo!"
   He smiled and waited for me. As soon as I got to him, he leaned down and wrapped his arms around me.
   He let out a soft sigh as he smiled," I guess I'll see in fifth period?"
   I nodded," please be careful?"
   He brushed my hair back," I will. Stay with Jungkook and Jihoon. They'll keep you safe. Don't worry about me."
   I reached my hand up hesitatingly and rested it on his cheek," I'll stay with them, but only under one condition."
    He sighed and patted my head," what condition?"
    I bit my lip lightly," you have to sit with me at lunch."
    He chuckled lightly," why would I sit with anyone else?"
    I shrugged," what about that girl you like?"
    He shook his head and laughed," I was talking about you."
    I dropped my jaw," oh."
    He smiled widely and tucked my hair behind my ear," yeah. Now, get going to class, ok?"
    I nodded and walked back to Jihoon and Jungkook. We decided to take the longer way around to avoid the crowds that form in the big hall. As we were turning down the hall of the History of Magics' class, a scream echoed. We turned back into the hallway we were just in to see a guy disappear into the air.
    I grabbed Jungkook's bicep for support," what's happening to Hogwarts?"
    Jihoon intertwined his fingers in my empty hand," is this what you and Wonwoo saw earlier?"
    I nodded slowly," this is why I was so scared. I don't want anyone we know disappearing."
    Jungkook pulled us towards the classroom," let's get going. We can't get caught up in that. It could be dangerous."
    I looked up at him and nodded," ok. Come on, Jihoon."
    Jungkook got us in class and we all took our seats in a room together. I smiled as Kuhn came in the room. He kneeled down in front of me.
    He gave me a weak grin," what's wrong, Kitty?"
    I sighed," there are kids that keep getting kidnapped."
    He frowned," yeah, I heard about that. Do you want to know a secret?"
    I leaned towards him," secret?"
    He nodded," I don't think you have to worry about being taken."
    I raised an eyebrow," why?"
    He shrugged," I could be wrong, but it seems like all the people who are getting taken are the weakest students. You and Jungkook are pretty strong. I don't know about your friend, but I'm sure he can handle himself."
     I smiled and grabbed Jihoon's arm," Jihoon is strong. He's also really smart."
    Jihoon laughed," no, I'm not. Really."
    Kuhn smiled," I'm sure you are. Mind if I sit with you guys."
    Jungkook nodded," sure but sit on the other side of Jihoon. Namjoon is coming and he's gonna sit next to me."
    Kuhn nodded and sat next to Jihoon. The teacher came in a few moments later. He was an older man, but still fairly young. He had a polite smile that showed off his charm.
    Namjoon came in a minute late talking about the disappearance of two students during the passing period. Apparently, the girl we saw was the first. Another was taken from Griffindor just after we got in class.
    Namjoon sat down with a sigh," kind of sad. All these people disappearing."
    I nodded," trust me, I know."
    He looked up at me," how much do you know about what happened?"
    I shrugged," not much at all."
    He handed me a paper," that's all I could figure out from what I saw."
    I took the paper and unfolded it. I slowly read down the list of what he wrote. Broke through Hogwarts teleportation barrier. Siphoning victims' magic. Caster is male. Muggle-born.
     I stared at what he wrote," how did you figure this out?"
     He shrugged," the magic that was left in the air. It's fairly easy to piece together once you know how. The siphon part was just obvious."
    I raised an eyebrow," how so?"
    He rubbed his head," well, once I found out that the caster was a muggle-born and was taking the weaker students, it seemed like the best option."
     I nodded," wow! You're so smart!"
     He shrugged," not really."
     Kuhn looked over me," so you ran a magic property analyst and used the data you collected to narrow down information until you found a reasonable cause?"
Namjoon nodded," exactly."
Kuhn ran his hand through his hair," so did you use the data you collected to run a trace on possible casters?"
Namjoon shook his head," no. I haven't. It's a long process and would take a long time to rule it down to one."
Kuhn smiled," maybe I could help you. We seem to be around the same intelligence, but you seem a bit smarter."
Namjoon laughed," I'm not really that smart"
Jungkook raised an eyebrow," not that smart? Namjoon has an IQ of 148. He's a genius."
I looked up at him," wow! You're so smart."
Jihoon looked down at me," what's yours?"
I shrugged," it's not that high."
Jungkook stared at me," I'm sure it's pretty high."
Namjoon shoved me lightly," oh come on. Tell us."
I laughed," fine. It's 116."
The boys all leaned towards me," whoa!"
I covered my face," it's not that good! Namjoon's is so much higher!"
Namjoon laughed and patted my head," I'm also older than you."
I peeked from behind my fingers," still. You're so smart, Namjoon. And so is Kuhn."
The two boys smiled widely, but Kuhn spoke first," you don't need to be as smart or smarter than anyone else, Alice. You're perfect the way you are. Right guys?"
Jihoon laughed," with a personality as bright as hers, she doesn't need to be a genius."
Jungkook smiled at me," besides," she's got the looks of a model."
Kuhn grinned," she's also strong as hell with a wand."
Namjoon chuckled at the boys," let's not forget her mischievous ways. She's practically a perfect Slytherin."
I smiled, but shook my head," Sunny is. She's smarter than me and is super pretty."
    Jungkook shrugged," she's a fourth-year. She's out of all of our leagues." 
     I pouted my lip in fake annoyance," wow, thanks guys."
     Jihoon wrapped an arm around me," don't take it the wrong way."
     Kuhn smiled and messed up my hair," don't be so upset, Bunny. We love you."
     I pushed him lightly," don't baby me!"
     He laughed and tried to dodge my light swings," whoa there!"
     I giggled and grabbed his wrists," ha! I won!"
He sighed and let his hands go limp," ok. You got me."
Jungkook put his hand on waist and pulled me backwards in my seat until our chairs slammed together. I looked over my shoulder at him and he just smiled innocently.
I narrowed my eyes," what are you up to?"
He shrugs," nothing. Don't assume things."