Chapter 2

Sighing, I walked back to class slowly. Hoping that the teacher didn't mind that I took 20 minutes.. 

Ha who cares anyways.

Reaching the door I slowing twisted the door knob and entered the classroom, all eyes were on me. Gosh I hate all of this attention. I quickly rushed to my desk, the teacher hadn't noticed me yet.

"Miss. Smith," Dang it I was so close! "Why did you take 20 minutes to go to the washroom, you do realize you have wasted 20 minutes of class time?"

"None of your business." I snapped, instantly regretting it because I knew he could call home, and if they called home my dad would find out, and if my dad found out I was so dead. The look on Mr. Walls face proved that I should be scared right now.

"Detention for you after school!" My face paled, I knew I shouldn't of talked back but I hate people asking me questions they didn't need the answers too. There was only one thought running through my head right now. I. Am. So. Dead.

..........................

The clock moved slowly, taking an eternity to reach the next minute. The teacher who was supposed to be supervising detention, has not arrived yet, and so far I'm the only one here. 

Shit. Spoke to soon. Nick Asshat Green sauntered into detention like he owned the place. Another two more boys followed behind him.

"Hey Miss. Smith." Nick snickered. 

"Don't call me that." I snapped.

"Oh so the little nerd has an attitude." He smirked. Oh how I just wanted to give him a piece of my mind right now.

"Just leave me alone." I grumbled in response. 

"No can do." 

"Please?"

"No."

Pleaaaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeeee?"

Nope."

"Pretty please with a cherry on top?"

"Sure."

"Really?!" 

"Nope." I sighed in annoyance as he smiled in triumph. 

"Whatever." I laid my head down on my desk, I was so tired from last night I could barely even keep awake. 

I felt a slight tapping on my shoulder. "What do you want now?" I snapped at Nick.

"Woah, calm down there," He said smirking. Oh how I just wanted to smack that smirk off his face. "I just wanted to say hi."

"Bye."

 "Your not getting rid of me that easily tiger." He grinned.

"Tiger? Really?"

"Yea, it suits you."

"Yea, and asshat suits you perfectly." 

"What did you just say?" Nick growled, well well well, looks like I have just made the bad boy mad. Serves him right that's for sure.

"What? Did I mumble?" I asked smirking. "If I did then I'm so sorry, I said you are an asshat." I heard a few ohhhhhhs, from his friends, making my head snap in their direction. Nick growled and clenched his fists but didn't say anything.

"And who might you to be?" I asked and turned to his friends.

"Oh how rude of us, my name is Dylan." I tall handsome boy with green eyes and black spiked hair. He had tattoos on his arms and neck. A nose ring and lip ring on him as well. Not to mention he was buff, probably went to the local gym just down the road from my house. 

"And my name is just Charlie, and whats yours?" 

"Mia, Mia Smith." I smiled slightly at Charlie seeing that he was the nicer one out of the group. 

Charlie had shaggy brown hair that flowed to his shoulders, and blue eyes and more tattoos then Dylan, he had no piercings though. He was also buff and really handsome.

Nick on the other hand had the whole dangerous vibe going on for him. He had piecing stormy grey eyes. He was buff and mean looking, but also extremely handsome. He had a chiseled jaw line. His face was defiantly drool worthy. 

"Like what you see?" Nick smirked looking at me, dang he caught me checking him out. Yep not embarrassing at all..

"Mr. Wall is more interesting then you." I stated sarcastically. I looked at the time, my eyes widening seeing that we have been here for way more than an hour. Wow times fly's when you hang out with morons. I defiantly know my dad is going to be pissed that I am not home. Maybe he will add a few more bruises to my collection.. 

"Hello? Earth to Mia?" Nick waved his hand in front of my face, catching me off guard. I smacked his hand away causing him to hiss in pain. Such a wimp, I though to myself.

"I heard that." Nick growled. 

"Like I care." Was my wicked reply. I should really get an award for these comebacks, haha right?

Grabbing my stuff I walked towards the door. I reached towards the handle realizing that it's locked. 

"You got to be kidding me." I whispered to my self.

"What's wrong?" Charlie asked.

"Oh just that the doors locked and I think everyone just left us here." 

"Bummer." Dylan spoke uncaring as he tried to beat a level on candy crush.

"Awe, looks like your stuck with us until tomorrow." Nick smirked in triumph. A scowl made its way onto my face, as I thought of ways to escape. Looking around I saw there was a window, big enough for me to climb through.

Ignoring Nicks comment I made my way to the window, slinging my backpack over my shoulder I opened the window and pulled out the screen easily. Setting the screen down on an empty desk I looked back at the boys who were now making their way over to me, probably wanting to get out too. 

"Let's get outta here you little genius." Dylan grinned impressed.

Hurriedly I climbed through the window and popped out onto the smooth grass outside, thankfully we were on the main floor. As soon as my feet touched the ground I bolted home, not wanting to be any later than I already was. I didn't even listen to see if the boys were following me or not I just ran like the wind.

Finally I made it home, it was almost dark outside. Slowly and quietly I turned the door knob hoping my dad wasn't on the other side. Sure enough he was standing there looking drunk and drugged as always. 

I froze in spot, "Hey..."

He sneered at me taking a cooler out of the fridge and downing it in one gulp. 

"Why were you late!?" He growled at me.

"I-I-" Before anything came out he punched me in the jaw causing me to scream out in pain. He smiled sickly at me. Picking me up by the hair he slapped me across the face causing my head to jerk sideways. I stood up and whipped my fist onto the side of his head, he stumbled back in shock. He growled and unleashed a very painful beating on me, as soon as I fell to the ground he kicked me a couple times in the stomach. Leaving me on the floor, he stumbled into the living room and slumped into his chair. "Disappear." He said calmly, sipping his drink. 

Walking to my mirror, I flinched at my reflection. There was a dark bruise forming just below my eye, and a bright pink hand print on my face where my dad slapped me. Not to mention my gut hurt like hell.  Deciding I was tired enough I crawled into my bed and dreaded tomorrow.