Chapter 27

Mia's P.O.V

The click of a gun made me and Nick go silent.

Turning around to see me father grinning evilly at me was enough to drive me mad.

"Mia, I thought you would have been smart enough to know that I don't approve of you dating." He frowned falsely.

Climbing into the tree house he raised his gun to Nicks head. Nick didn't even flinch.

"How the hell did you find me?" I asked him coldly.

"Easy.. I have been watching you Mia.. Every. Single. Move.." He grinned. "Now if you mind coming over hear Mia, or I will shoot."

I glanced at Nick, who was shacking his head subtly. I mouthed 'Sorry' and slowly walked towards my father.

"Good. Very good." He growled and grabbed my wrist. "I want to have a little fun, like old times. Before I kill you all." He laughed mercilessly and threw me to the ground.

My body hit the floor with a bang, Nick tried to come towards me but the sight of the gun still on him made him stop. I tried to get up, but there was no use as my father kicked my side repeatedly.

"Slut, useless, cunt." His words hit me like a slap across the face. With every insult came a kick to the gut.

"Stop! No!!! Mia!" Nick roared, now not caring about the gun.

I coughed, and coughed. He grabbed my hair and pulled me to my feet. I let a scream of pain, that time Nick flinched, and yelled. I winced holding back tears.

"Shut up!" My father screamed at Nick. He turned and made two strides to Nick and raised the gun to his head.

My vision was blurred but I could still make out what was happening.

Getting up as fast as I possibly could, I walked over to my father, I tapped him on his back.

"What, bitch?" He growled slapping me across the face.

I winced and stumbled back. "Hurt me, not him. He has nothing to do with this."

"Mia.." Nick groaned.

My father grinned, "I was hoping you would say that." It all happened so fast.

My father tried to grab me as I took a step backwards, towards the entrance of the tree house. My feet were on the edge as he stood right in front of me. Losing balance I grabbed a hold of the frame.

"You are dead to me." He growled.

"Please... Don't." I finally begged him. I died once, it's not happening again, and looking towards the ground, it was far down enough to kill me.

"Duck!" Nick yelled, immediately I ducked down at his command.

Nick shoved my father over me and out of the tree house, but he grabbed onto my leg the last minute.

"Nick!" I screamed slipping, and falling.

Falling...

Slipping..

A hand clasped around my wrist at the last minute, "I got you." Nick panted.

The weight of my father on my leg was released, as I watched him fall.

To his death.

The hand clasped around my wrist heaved me up back into the tree house, I collapsed onto Nick staring at him.

Both of us laid panting, for what seemed like hours, and hours.

"I love you Nick."

Silence, "Nick?" Nick was staring at me. Intensely, may I add.

"What did you just say?" He whispered.

"I.. Never mind." I looked down now feeling vulnerable.

"No tell me." He got up and looked down at my pathetic crippled form.

"I love you Nick." I whispered again.

Nick stared for a while again. Until a current of tears formed and flowed down his face like a waterfall of love.

"Mia I love you so much I would die for you." He got down and kissed me passionately on the lips. My face heated up, while my stomach performed backflips. I groaned into him catching some breathe.

"Let's not test that theory." I mumbled quietly.

"Deal, okay we need to get you out of here." Nick glanced at me worried.

"He broke my phone when he kicked me." I whispered look at the ceiling.

"I have a spare phone in my boot for the gang if I ever need backup." He bent down to grab it.

"Um Nick? Why didn't you use it before my father tried to kill us?" I asked in a questioning tone.

"I was panicking, the girl who I am madly in love with was about to die!" He defended himself, than got to work on calling his gang.

Damien's dead. My fathers dead.

I'm free.