Chapter 16

RECAP on chapter 15;

"Find anything?" He asked me.

I nodded and told him everything I read in the book basically repeating word for word.

In the end he sat there head down, silently he spoke words I would never thought he would say to me.

"I won't let him get you I promise." He paused debating whether or not to continue. "Mia, Ireallylikeyou." He rushed out so quickly it was almost hard to understand what he said.

"Y-you like me?" I asked him with wide eyes.

"Nevermind, you probably wouldn't like m-" I cut him off.

"I like you too."

He gave me a genuine smile and I returned it.

..........................

Nicks P.O.V

I was so happy I could kiss her. Mia actually likes me back. That's impossible.. She knows I am a gangleader, a killer, and she is okay with that?

Mia suddenly answered her phone which started ringing.

"Hello?" She asked. "Who is this?" Silence. "Chris?!" Silence. "What? But Damien took you!" Silence. "Fine I will be there tonight."

She hung up and looked at me. "Well get your shit together we have to go somewhere."

"Where?" I asked, unsure if this is one of Damiens traps.

"You will see when we get there." Mia answered.

I nodded and ran to our room to grab my jacket. When I got back to the living room, Mia was wearing all black. Boots, pants, and a black jacket.

She tossed me a bike helmet and we set off outside. She got on the bike first then I did. Holding her waist tightly she revved the engine and stepped on the gas.

Dodging cars and zooming past houses we made it to the place in minutes. Looking around I could see we were out of town now and pulling into a parking lot.

We turned off the main highway and onto a back road, there was trees everywhere but after a minutes time the trees had cleared and we drove into a parking lot.

Mia took off her helmet and looked me up and down. I smirked at her knowing she was checking me out.

"Okay, now I'm going to tell you something but don't freak out," She spoke slowly to me. I nodded so she continued. "I'm battle Scars."

I started laughing. No. Freaking. Way.

"Yea right." I laughed so hard I was hunched over clutching my stomach. When I was done I looked back over to her.

"Whatever, go into that small building, cut straight in front of the line and tell the manager 'Apple and corn'." Mia stared at me wondering if I was actually believing her.

"Sure okay, good prank lets go now." I said putting my helmet back on. She let out a huff stuffed her helmet on and said "No!" Climbing onto the bike she tore off to another entrance to whatever is behind the building.

What if she is actually telling the truth? I wondered. Hmm. Only one way to find out.

To the office I go.

Mias P.O.V;

I left Nick standing there and went behind the office to the racing track. I brought him with me to the race because I couldn't leave him at home where he could be ambushed any minute.

Though he doesn't believe that I am Battle Scars he will soon enough. 'Apples and Corn' is the secret code, when he tells the manager that he will be taken to a secret room that has a camera on me and whoever is close to me. It's to tell if people are cheating, but you can invite people to watch through it. But since Chris ins't here it will be Nick who watches.

I lined up on the starting line and took a look at all the other people who were against me. Yet again I am the only girl here. Um, Dylan! And Charlie! Jeez both of Nicks friends are here.

Dylan is on the left side of me and Charlie on the right.

Dylan smirked and so did Charlie. They both were now watching me. Ha! Losers they don't even know who I am.

I spoke to them in a different voice so they didn't recognize me.

"Charlie, Dylan! Nice to see you again." Their mouths dropped and I laughed at their surprised expressions.

"Y-You know us?" They asked still mouths agape.

"Shut your mouths, nothing is going to enter." I winked and revved my engine. The race was about to start.

3!

2!

1!

"And they are off!" The MC announced.