Chapter 9

Mias P.O.V

There were no birds chirping when I opened my eyes, they sun wasn't beaming through my window with joy. It merely seemed to be a very unhappy morning. 

It was around 9 am, and as soon as my eyes popped open, I shot out of my bedroom to take a quick cold shower. Getting out I slipped on a pair of skinny jeans, a concert t-shirt, and my leather jacket. 

Grabbing my helmet and keys from my desk, I slipped my helmet on and hopped through the window of my bedroom. 

The garage door was already unlocked so I went straight to my precious baby (my bike) and and ripped out of the shabby run-down garage. I was heading straight for the hospital to see if Chris was alright. 

Last night I couldn't bare to look at Chris a lot, I can't see people who I care about be hurt. Not since my mum died at least. All I saw was a lot of blood around Chris. I mean I don't know if it was all his, but there was a lot of blood. And it's all my fault. If I had kept my eye on him during the match he wouldn't be in the hospital right now! 

The hospital came into view when I pulled into their parking lot with my bike. I strapped the helmet to the handle and set off for the main doors. 

Gross fumes of disinfectant invaded my nose as I scrunched it up in disgust. As you can most likley tell I absolutely hate hospitals. 

The lady at the front desk looked short with a small afro and old lady glasses. 

"Yes what would you like?" She asked in a monotone sort of voice, that sorta reminded me of a robot that is bored out of its metal head.

"I'm looking for Chris Leavling." 

"Down that hall and the first door to your right." She said in her monotone voice pointing to a hallway on her left. 

'thanks' I muttered, walking off to his room. 

A gasp left my mouth when I saw Chris. He had a badly cut lip, he had so many bandages starting from his legs and ending at his torso, he could defiantly pass as a mummy. Bruises the colors of purple, blue, green, and black were covering his face. 

Slumping in a chair I glanced at a mirror in his room and saw how bad I looked, but it was nothing compared to Chris. My hair was all over the place due to my hands running through it so many times, I also had big dark bags under my eyes from lack of sleep I had last night.

The clock ticked by, what seemed like I was sitting there for hours the door to the room opened and a young looking doctor came in. She seemed to be in her 20s, her blond hair tied into a tight bun, and a white looking lab coat on. 

"Poor thing he is, never seen a boy this badly beaten before." She spoke with pity in her eyes. 

This angered me, for one he was not a boy at all. He graduated 2 years ago at the age of 18 and now he is 20 turning 21 soon. And Chris hates pity, so do I. But I chose to keep my mouth shut while she ran tests on him. 

"Doctor mind telling me whats wrong with him?" 

"Awe yes you must be his girlfriend-"

"I'm not his girlfriend,"

"-Mia, he is very lucky that you found him, lucky indeed." She paused to look over some papers on her desk. "Yes, yes, so he has 3 broken ribs, and a fractured wrist.. Oh and a broken leg and sprained ankle, also a minor concussion. He should be awake very shortly." With that she got up and left the room without another word. 

I turned to look at Chris's beaten face. How could Nick do this to him? It angered and fulled me with hatred, I am going to beat the go damn shit out of Nick when I see him. 

"Why does it look like you are about to murder someone?" Came a raspy voice on the bed next to me.

"Chris!!" I looked over and gave him a very fragile hug, afraid that I may hurt him.

"I'm not made of glass you know? You can give me a proper hug." He said chuckling beneath me, I gave him a tighter squeeze and let go of him. 

"Okay, okay. Now what the hell Chris!! Do you know how bad you scared me!? Seeing you laying on a blood bath unconscious! I thought you were dead!" I ranted on and on, Chris just sat there witha small smile playing at the corners of his lips. 

"Mia, Mia look at me. I am fine, I'm alive it's okay." He said trying to calm me down. 

"I-It's not okay Chris! I almost lost you. I have nobody except you. Your the only person in this world right now keeping me sane Chris." Spoke slumping back into the chair.

"I'm sorry Moo-Mia, I would tell Jake I can't work for him any more but you know what he would do to me Mia." Chris spoke looking ashamed he ever started working for Jake. 

"It's alright." I smiled, after that we just basically spoke about nothing in particular for a long time. 

You see, Jake doesn't run a gang or anything. But he pays men to do his dirty work for him. Jake's my age but he is cruel. Not as cruel as Damien though. Chris couldn't find a job in this town so one night he ran into Jake. Ever since then Chris has been Jakes go to man for doing his dirty work. He gets payed a lot to do Jakes dirty work but it sometimes leads him into trouble. For instance like this.

After we talked a nurse entered and told me I had to leave because 'visiting time are over' stupid nurse. 

I left feeling a bit happier knowing Chris was alright. Having a little skip to my step I made my way over to my bike a drove home. 

The house was dark and eerie like usual. Father wasn't home which is also usual. I made my self a sandwich seeing that the fridge was magically full again.. Oh right I bought groceries a few days ago.

Sneaking it back up to my room I gobbled it all up and went into a blissful sleep. 

............

Run. 

The word echo in my head as I turn to see the demon known as Damien chasing me through the blacked out forest. Trees hit my face and thorns and thistles scraped my legs as I ran through them. A cold hand grips my shoulder and throws me onto the ground causing a gasp of pain to escape my mouth. He stands over me with the sick smile he had on the day my mum died, holding the gun she was killed with. 

"I told you I would find you." He whispered into my ear. I shivered in disgust as he raised the gun and directed it right between my eyes, his finger clicked the safety off. Putting his finger against the trigger, he smiled. 

He pulled the trigger. 

I sat up gasping for air in my bed, curling up my knees I held them tight to my chest and rocked back and forth on my bed. 

'He's coming, he's coming' I kept whispering to my self, with tears sliding down my face. 

My alarm clock red 1 am, so I got up and took a sleeping pill in hopes that I would be able to find blissful sleep once again. 

But that didn't happen until nearly three hours later. Sleeping pills have a slow effect on me. My eyes slid closed but the last thought in my mind was;

Damien is coming.