Chapter 3

Morning time came to fast as I slammed my hand down on my alarm clock probably breaking it in the process.

Climbing out of bed I wandered to my closet grabbing a grey hoodie and some black leggings, with a pair of grey converse. Going to the bathroom I looked threw my makeup bag swearing at myself as I realized I was out of concealer. 

"No,no,no,no, you have got to be kidding me." I grumbled to myself. I can not let anyone know about this. They could tell the police, which would send my father to jail, which would make me an orphan, I would be taken into foster care, when my father gets out of jail he would for sure come after me. I just couldn't let that happen. 

So I decided to just cover it up with a pair of shades, and a baseball cap. Putting my hair up in a pony tail I slipped on the hat and shades and walked outside. 

It was warm outside seeing as it was last semester and summer was on its way. Yay, once I am eighteen I could finally move out!!

Sighing I plugged in my headphones into my phone and blasted Sleeping With Sirens into my ears.

Finally arriving to school I unplugged my music putting it into my hoodie packet and walked to my lockers. Surprisingly there was no hate notes stuck to it. Shrugging I opened it and put my backpack into it and took out my binder for History class, sucks because I have that class with Nick. He probably won't even show up though.

I walked into class, quickly glancing around I saw no Nick, so that must mean he was skipping. As usual.

"Alright class open your textbook to page 231, and read until page 345, then answer the questions on the board with a blank piece of paper." Mrs. Buck told the class. 

It was like 20 minutes into class when the door opened. Glancing towards the door I saw Nick give the teacher a late slip, and unfortunately for me the only empty desk was beside me. 

He smirked casually as he took the seat next to me, I scowled back at him. Putting his hands up in surrender he smirked once again. 

"Hey Tiger, why did you run away last night?" He whispered in my ear sending shivers up my spine. I think he noticed me shiver because he smirked at me again knowing he had an affect on me. 

"None of your business." I replied. Man I am really good at comebacks. Haha right?

"That's not very nice."

"I don't really care."

"Nice comeback."

"I know right." Told you I should defiantly get a trophy for this!

"You two in the back, no chatting in my class!" Mrs. Bucks boomed to the class.

What ever shorty, it's not like your teaching us stuff I don't know already.

"MIA TO THE OFFICE NOW!" Oh shoot, must have said that out loud. Oh well I don't really care anymore. 

Shrugging I picked my crap up and walked out sending a "thanks" to Mrs. Bucks as she stood there fuming at me. 

"Oh she got you good. Right Mrs. Shorty?" Nick snickered. 

"NICK TO THE OFFICE AS WELL!!!" He roared at Nick. Causing me to laugh at Nick while he sent a smile at me. Somethings telling me he did that on purpose. 

I waited in the hall for him. As he made his way out of the classroom, we walked in the halls in silence.

"Did you get yourself in trouble on purpose?" I asked Nick with a slight smile on my face.

"Yea, I was just getting bored of her class." He replied. 

"Oh," I thought then added, "So you didn't just get your self in trouble just to hang out with me?" I asked with a knowing smirk on my face. 

Nicks face heated up with blush as he directed his eye contact towards the ground. 

"Awe, is the wittle bad boy blushing?" I asked laughing in a baby voice. 

"N-no." He stuttered. 

"Ha sureeeeeee." I drawed out.

My phone started to buzz in my pocket snapping me out of thought. Looking at it a smile lit up on my face. Quickly answering it I held it to my ear.

"Hey Chris!"

"Hey Moo-Mia!" He said saying the nickname he gave me. 

"Haha very funny, okay so what did you call me for? I have detention?"

"Ohhh, little miss badass uh?"

"No, you know I don't do that anymore in school."

"Sure, sure, okay so there's a fight tomorrow you up for it?"

"Ohh sweet who am I up against?"

"Hmm let me check," I waited for him to speak again, "It's Red Blood." 

"Oh shit, he's the toughest out there right?"

"Yea, you finally met your match."

"Phhhtt I can still beat his ass any day."

"Sure okay see yea Friday."

"yep bye see yea Friday."

I hung up my phone and let out a heavy sigh. A voice clearing startled me causing me to jump. I totally forgot all about Nick. 

"Who was that?" 

"Um one of my buddies."

"You have friends?!" He asked faking surprised.

I scowled at him and started walking to the office again. 

"Aweeee did I make the little Tiger mad?" He pouted. Oh how I just wanted to slap him right now. But I had to remain calm. 

"Nope." I said popping the 'p'.

We arrived at the office fashionably late. A few kids that were already there stared at us wondering why I was there. I went up to the front desk and smiled at the lady who worked there.

"Hello, me and Nick were sent here from class." 

"Ah, you must be Mia, okay we called your parents and they are on their way to pick you two up." 

Run, was all I thought.