Chapter 19

Nicks P.O.V

Wow Mia was not kidding when she said she is Battle Scars. She is like a legend.

I could see my second in command for the gang (Dylan) and my other friend (Charlie) on either side of Mia. Though none of them recognized her since they only met her once.

The race started. Mia was in second Dylan in first. Charlie was blocked off by another racer in all black, with some sort of gang sign on his back. Odd..

"Battle scars cuts Dylan off and takes the lead!" The MC yells into the microphone.

She is really good at this. Zooming and dodging people. The guy that was blocking Charlie is now is making his way to Mia.

The finish line was coming up, "Come on Mia." I whispered to myself.

In seconds time the whole audience broke out into applause including me.

I hopped out of the chair and ran outside to Mia. She got off the bike smiling. Walking up to a man she held out her hand, a giant stack of money was then placed into the palm of her hand.

"Congrats." I whispered to her.

She turned and grinned up at me, "Come, lets get out of here." She grabbed my hand and handed me a helmet. Looking back I could see Charlie and Dylan with shocked faces staring at me and "Battle Scars". I laughed at their expressions and we took off back down the road.
.........

The faint putter of the engine aroused the silence of the night.

"Mia! What's going on?" I hollered over the wind to her.

She sighed, "Outa gas."

The engine of her bike finally quite on us and slowed to a stop.

"Well isn't this just fan-freaking-tastic." She pointed out and looked at me.

"Don't look at me it's your bike." Pausing I took a swift look around. "Huh, I can see lights coming towards us, maybe they can help?"

"Yea great plan, and get kidnapped in the process." She exclaimed sarcastically.

I sighed in exasperation, "Will you just listen to me for once?!" I snapped at her.

She flinched at my tone. Nodding she looked down, scared. Of me.

"Mia I'm sorr-"

The vehicle driving by suddenly stopped, and pulled to the side of the road.

Two giant men climbed out of the front, and one more out of the back.

"Mia, so glad to see you have fallen into my trap."

Damien. That bloody asshole.

"Leave her alone." I growled at him.

"This is going to be just like the time when I killed your mother," he grinned evilly ear to ear. "I shoot him," he pulled out his gun and pointed it at me. "While you cry and beg me to stop, then I kill you, Mia."

"Damien that's enough, when will you grow up from being a murderer." Mia yelled at him.

"When you are dead." He growled and clicked the safety off the gun and pointed it at me.

My stance never altered. The cold venomous look I wear when I'm pissed soon took over my features.

"No!" Mia struggled to get in front of me, she's trying to protect me. How cute.

No shut up!

Stupid brain..

Losing my thoughts I realized Mia disabled herself from my grip and now stood in front of me.

"Move Mia, I want you to watch me kill him." Damien ordered her.

I tried to move her but she wouldn't budge. It's like her feet were glued to the ground.

"No, kill me. Just let him go, please." She begged him.

"Mia move." I whispered/yelled at her.

"I'm sorry." She whispered back.

She ripped herself away from me and walked towards Damien.

Tears stung my eyes.

Don't you dare cry!

But it was to late, a tear cascaded down the right side of my face.

Damien looked at me smugly and grabbed Mia's wrist. She looked at me with tears in her own sparkling eyes. Almost more broken the my own.

"Put her in the car." He barked at his men.

"Damien wait." Mia purred in his ear.

I clenched my fists. She was playing me the whole time! Mia wanted me dead. This is her plan! To kill me!

I looked towards the ground, I can't cry. I have a reputation to uphold... Whatever they are going to kill me anyways..

I looked back up to see Damien holding Mia dangerously close to his face. Jealousy took over my whole body. That little scrum bag.

The next few seconds was a blur. Mia swiftly grabbed Damien's gun and pointed it at his own head.

"Mia put the gun down." He ordered her.

I smiled in relief knowing now it was her plan to play Damien not me.

She walked slowly backwards towards me, the gun still aimed at Damien.

By then Damien's men had also pulled out their own guns and pointed it towards us.