I'm Pretty Dumb...

So, the other night I had this ' brilliant' idea of reading Creepypasta at night.

One part of me was like ' don't do it... '

And the other part was like ' stop being a wimp! '

So, I obviously made the right decision.

At midnight, I got on my tablet and started reading Creepypasta.

I read it all. From Smile.jpg to the Russian Sleep Experiment.

I know. I know.

Not that scary.

Normally, I wouldn't have been bothered by reading some creepy stories at night, but this night was different.

For one, the night before, my grandmother had told me about how I used to claim that a little girl was bullying me. She told me that one time, I had said that the little girl had tried to push me down the stairs. And I was sitting there like ' Oh goodie! I could talk to ghosts! '

Second, I had this strange feeling like someone was watching me. I thought this was ridiculous at first, because the only other person in the room was my sister (we share a room). But as I continued to read the stories, the feeling became stronger. At one point, I even checked to see if my sister was awake.

Third, I see and hear things at night. I am so not kidding. I'll see human-shaped shadows moving around my room. And sometimes, I'll hear people whispering my name. I. Am. Not. Lying. So, when I saw something moving in my room, I completely flipped out.

Now, you are probably thinking ' she's making this up! '

But, I am not.

I guess the fear of all the stories being true came back to me.

And then I started to question my decision of reading Creepypasta at night.

Especially midnight.

And it didn't help how my grandmother used to tell me stories about how midnight was the ' Devil hour '. So, I was laying there like ' NOPE! '

So, I turned off my tablet and tried to go to sleep.

Well, obviously I couldn't.

And you won't believe what happened next.

The door to my room was slightly open, so what happened totally creeped me out.

I stared at the crack under my door, trying to shake off my fear.

But instead, what I got was, the light to the hallway turning on.

And I thought, ' It's ok, somebody must've just woken up to go to restroom or something '.

But even I knew that was ridiculous. Because, I didn't hear any footsteps.

Then, my door closed and the light to the hallway turned off.

I tried to calm myself down by saying to myself, " The air conditioning just came on and closed the door. It always does that... "

But, what could explain the hallway light going on and off?

And then, I heard my dog whimpering, and I was all like ' OH HECK NO! '

So I did what any sensible girl would do in my situation.

.........

.....

.....

.....

...

...

..

You thought that I was going to lock my door and stay in my room, didn't you?

Nope.

I went to go investigate.

Without a weapon.

I could've at least taken my bat with me, but I didn't.

You can call me stupid now, although I am pretty sure that you've been calling me that since you read the first sentence.

I put my glasses on, because without them I can't see anything three feet away from me without it being blurry. And I gathered as much courage as I could and stepped out into the hallway. I looked around and saw that the door to my parents' room was closed. I carefully made my way to the living room where my dog's bed was.

Laying there, staring at me with little eyes, was my Chihuahua.

And then, I finally noticed that the light to the kitchen was on.

And I could hear something moving in it.

I was going to Nope it out of there when my dog, Snappy is her name (don't ask), ran into the kitchen.

Me, being the smart girl that I am, chased her into the kitchen.

Yup.

My dog's safety is my first priority.

Yea.... scold me later.

Anyways, I ran into the kitchen and froze in my tracks.

It was the first bit of common sense I had all night.

But I immediately calmed down when I saw my grandmother washing the dishes.

And then the rage came.

It all made sense.

My grandmother usually stayed up late to do some chores.

Sometimes, she would walk to the hallway by my room to turn on the air conditioning.

Because that was where the thermostat was.

I think you can put the rest of the pieces together.

Now call me an idiot.

I stayed up for a few more minutes before I decided to go back to my room.

So..... that is one of my problems as a fangirl.

I read things at night that I know will freak me out later on.

I read Creepypasta at night.

I freaked out.

Heh.

I'm pretty dumb...

But now, I'm starting to wonder...

What if my grandmother planned this all from the beginning?!

What if she told me all those stories just to help freak me out when she knew I was going to stay up?!

Wait... not possible.

She doesn't know that I read Creepypasta.

It was all just a coincidence.

Right?

RIGHT?!

Anyways, even if she did plan it, she didn't get a reaction.

I'm pretty good at hiding my fear.

One of my friends might scare me, but I'll easily cover up my slight jump with something that I am doing.

That does not mean that they always scare me. It's not so often that they do.

Heh.

Yes, as a fangirl, I make dumb decisions.

And I have not learned anything from that incident.

I will continue to read Creepypasta at night.

Just because I can.

And because I am a fangirl.

Wait...

My grandmother is behind me watching TV.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Heh. I am so stupid. So, please comment if you found the reference. And if you get it right, I will write a chapter about a fandom of your choosing. It's easy to find though. BYE! (^-^) (XD)