Chapter Two

Your POV:

"That was delicious." You say while patting your full stomach.

Rami smiles contentedly. "Yeah. I could never get tired of seafood."

You two just finished eating a giant feast with the reward money you got from your last mission, where your ran into a boy called Sting and his exceed, Lector.

All of a sudden, your communication lacrima starts ringing. You hop off your bed and glide over to your coffee table to grab it. As you look at the crystal, you see who is trying to contact you.

"Hey Rami? The butt-faces from the magic council are calling me. Gimme a minute, kay?" You turn your head to look at your friend.

"Mmfay!" Rami says cheerfully while shoving jumbo marshmallows into her mouth.

You hit the green button on the crystal lacrima and a projection popped up. Your (E/C) eyes meet  with familiar purple ones.

"Lahar! Hey! It's so good to see you!" You flick your wrist toward the projection sassily and roll your eyes.

"Miss (Y/L/N), now is not the time for jokes. You must come to the magic council building at once." He keeps his signature poker face on the whole time he talks.

You sigh. "What do they want now?" Those stuck-up jerks are always calling you and forcing you to come  to their building.

"I don't know. But it's definitely something important." You're about to hang up, when...

"And Miss (Y/L/N)? Please be punctual? Just this once." You roll your eyes and giggle. "Bye, Lahar."

~*~*~*Time Skip~*~*~*

You stand in front of the oddly shaped building and stare up at the endless stories.

"This building never seizes to confuse me." you mutter before waltzing through the giant door.

After wandering the endless halls for about half an hour, you finally find the large room dotted with magic circles.

"Hello, magic council!" You give a small wave. "Great to see you all! Hyberion! Wow! You look great. Old age is really treating you well." You chuckle at yourself.

"Miss (Y/L/N). A pleasure, as always." Hyberion narrows his eyes at you and you gulp. Maybe he didn't find the joke funny? "Now. To get to the point, your last mission."

You tilt your head. "Yeah. What about it?"

"A little bird told us that you came in contact with a guild wizard. Is this true?"

"I-ah-I-..." You stutter.

Independent wizards are technically not allowed to talk to, look at, or even think about guild wizards. They're considered a lower form of life in the eyes of the council, and it's been drilled into your head that humans do not socialize with insects.

"That's what I thought. (Y/N) (Y/L/N), I hereby revoke your title as an independent wizard. Please remove your emblem." Hyberion stares daggers at you, as does the rest of the council.

Tears prick the corners of your eyes, threatening to fall. You wipe them away and lift up your (F/C) vest and undershirt to reveal your emblem. Your pride and joy.

You engulf your hand in moon energy and hesitate briefly before swiping over the bird-like mark. When your hand goes back down to your side, it's gone.

"Goodbye, Miss (Y/L/N). Have a nice day." Is what you hear as you speed-walk out the double doors, your (H/L), (H/C) flying behind you.