Chapter Eleven

Your P.O.V.

  "Here looks like a good spot," Sting says.

We've been wandering the forest for hours only looking for a spot to set up camp. The sun just set and the moon came up.

I roll my sleeping bag out and pull some rocks out of my suitcase. The summer air has disappeared and it's suddenly really cold.

"Um, (Y/N)? Why do you have rocks in your suitcase?" Sting asks, confused.

"To eat." I answer simply.

"Aren't you a moon dragon slayer? You can only eat your own element, you know," Rogue says.

"Yes, I know. But if I do this," I hold one of the rocks in my hand and channel some magic energy into it. When I release my hand, the rock glows purple and gives off a light mist. "Then I can eat it."

I take a chomp out of the newly made moon rock and it starts to fill my stomach. Yum.

"Well, I know it's kinda early, but I'm gonna hit the sack," Sting says as he curls into his sleeping bag.

"Same. You should too, (Y/N)," Rogue does the same as Sting.

"I'll try to sleep, but I don't know how successful I'll be. It's a full moon, after all." I finish off my moon rocks and stick my legs, then my body into my (F/C) sleeping bag. Taking off my sash, I fold it into a sort-of-pillow. This is gonna be a long night.

•+•+•+•Time skip+•+•+•+

I can't sleep. At all. Curse you, full moon! You're giving me too much energy! Uggghhhh. There's no way I'm going to be able to sleep. Might as well just embrace it.

I quietly sneak out of my make-shift bed and tiptoe past Sting and Rogue. They're both snoring lightly. Aww, Sting looks so cute...shut up inner self! God, I'm losing it.

I pass through some trees and all of a sudden, I'm standing at the front of a very large meadow. Knee high grass and different colored flowers are covering any sign of earth, and there are trees on every side. In the distance, purple mountains sit on the horizon. It's so beautiful.

I plop down on the ground and just look at the moon. Being a moon dragon slayer, the full moon gives me energy, even when I don't want it. I have to admit, it's pretty helpful in fights, but it's not often I'm fighting evil by the moonlight. This is nice...

"Can't sleep?" I turn around to see the one and only Sting.

Sting's P.O.V.

Aw, man I'm tired. If I'm tired, why am I awake? I don't know. I sit up and look over at Rogue and (Y/N). Or just Rogue...crap. Where's (Y/N)?! No, no, no, no, no! Did the vulcans take her? I jump up and run through some trees, not knowing where I'm going.

Before long, I run straight into a meadow. About twenty feet in front of me is a silhouette of a girl with (H/L) hair, sitting in the grass, looking up at the moon. Whew.

"Can't sleep?" My question fades out into the vast meadow after I ask it. (Y/N) turns around quickly, and looks at me.

Her (E/C) eyes are filled with sparkle and energy. She really wasn't kidding when she said she might not be able to sleep.

"No. The moon is giving me too much energy," She states simply before looking back at the moon.

"Mind if I join you?" I ask while I start walking over.

"Well since you're already walking over here, I don't think you're going to take no for an answer."

"That's correct."

I sit down next to her, copying her pose of her legs out in front of her. Placing my hands behind me to rest on them, I accidentally put my hand on (Y/N)'s. I start to prepare for a smack, or sarcastic phrase, but instead, she just sits there.

"Tell me a story," she says.

"How old are you, five?"

"At heart, yes. I am. And I let you stay here with me, so now you have to tell me a story." She looks at me, her (H/C) locks soaked with moonlight. She looks angelic.

Cue music at top

"Fine. Once upon a time, there was a boy. He didn't know where he came from, or where he was going. But one day, he ran into a huge white dragon. The dragon told the boy his name was Weisslogia, and offered to raise him and teach him magic. The boy agreed, and so, over the years, Weisslogia taught him a very rare magic called dragon slaying magic. Then, the dragon told the boy to kill him. He told him it would turn him into a true dragon slayer," I tense up at the memory, but continue. "The boy did as he was told. He killed the one family-like figure he had. Then, out of guilt, he ran. Ran far away with nothing but a crystal earring that Weisslogia gave him. Then, during his journey, a lacrima was implanted in his body, making him stronger. He later joined a guild called Sabertooth. His story is still going on today..." I finish my story with tears pricking the corners of my eyes.

"There. How was tha-?" I look over at (Y/N) only to find her asleep. Her arms are thrown above her head, and her eyes closed. I smile at her.

I stand up, then pick up the moon dragon slayer bridal style. As soon as she's off the ground, she wraps her arms around my neck.

Carrying her back to the camp ground, I notice a leaf-shaped birthmark on her stomach. It's beautiful. I place her in her sleeping bag and rest her head on her pillow.

Sweet dreams, (Y/N).