Chapter Twenty Two

Your P.O.V.

"And that's everything so far." I lean back in my chair and pick at my fingernails nervously. With a bit of help from Xander, I've told Sting, Rami, Yukino, Rogue, Lector and Frosch all we know so far about our parents and our relationship as twins.

No one says a word. You could hear a pin drop. Then, Sting speaks.

"If you wanna meet your dad that badly, and you think he can help, why not just get him out of the ice?" The blond's eyes flick from me to Xander, and back again.

"Well...that's what we were planning on doing, but as soon as (Y/N) heard your voice, she forgot about everything and ran." Xander replies.

"Not my fault I'm in love." I pout and cross my arms, slouching further down in my chair.

"Are you sure you didn't throw yourself on me?" I can hear Sting's smirk. "I wouldn't be surprised, considering how good looking I am."

"Shut up..." I mutter.

"Well, I for one don't think it's a good idea," Rogue's usual frown deepens. "Xander, if your father gave you multiple scars, I don't think he should come out of the ice."

Xander gazes at Rogue, not really focusing on him. "My father is the only blood-relation I've ever known. He may have lost control at times, but he taught me what he knew about magic," The auburn haired boy looks down at his hands. "I want him back."

"R-rogue, I don't agree with you," Yukino stands up and makes her way around the table, placing her arm around Xander's shoulders. "Everyone has a right to family."

I smile at Yukino and turn to Rami. Instead of a sourpuss on her face like I expected, her eyes are brimmed with tears. My smile disappears and I stand up.

"Excuse us for a minute, guys," I say, grabbing Rami's paw. I bring her into the hall and crouch down. "What's wrong?" I wipe away her tears with my thumb.

"I'm scared," she sniffles. "I'm scared that Xander will replace me and you won't love me anymore." My exceed's big purple eyes bore into mine, making my heart melt.

"Hey. Remember when we lived in Minstrel?" Rami nods her head and wipes her nose with the back of her paw. "Remember when I got arrested?" I chuckle at the memory and so does she. "What did I do as they were pulling me to the cell?"

"Y-you tried to push them off you...to get to me...you didn't want to leave me..." the tip of a smile shows on her face.

"That's right. I yelled your name. I was only fourteen, so I couldn't escape, but you are my only family, and adding Xander doesn't change the fact that I love you," I place my hands on my exceed's shoulders. "You are my best friend. You ready to go back in now?

Rami nods her head and sniffs. "Okay." I smile and take her paw, leading her back to the room.

Sting and Rogue have their heads locked together and Xander is sitting in between them, looking very uncomfortable. Yukino is trying to calm them down and the two exceeds are cheering for their partners.

"He deserves family!" Sting growls.

"I never said he didn't!" Rogue spits.

"Did too!"

"Did not!"

"Yeah!"

"No!"

"Ye–"

"Enough!" I bellow. It echoes through the library, and gets the attention of everyone in the room. The two dragon slayers gape at me, their jaws hitting the floor. "You two are acting like children! I leave you alone for two minutes and you start fighting."

I march over and bang their heads together. "If you're going to help, you need to get along." Xander opens his mouth and puts his hand up to say something, but closes it again and his hand falls back to his side.

"So...we're gonna get your dad back, (Y/N)?" Lector asks.

"Yeah. I think so. Not too sure if I can melt a human, though. If Xander and I work together, I think we can do it." I place an arm around my twin's shoulders.

"I think so, too!" Frosch giggles.

"I still think this is a bad idea, but no one listens to me, so go ahead. Don't say I didn't warn you." Rogue crosses his arms.

"Eh, who cares? We want at least one parent back." I joke.

"Come on guys, bring it in." Sting comes in with his arms opened wide, and I run into them, hugging him. Rami clings to my shoulder, and Yukino hugs us both. Xander, Lector and Frosch join in, too.

"No way." Rogue shakes his head and waves his hands defensively.

"Aw, come on, Rogue!" Sting whines.

"I'm...not a hugger." I can see a faint blush on his cheeks.

"Oh, get in here, you big baby!" I use moon energy to pull the shadow dragon slayer into the group hug, and he scrambles to escape, cursing and yelling about human contact.

Everyone laughs, and I think to myself how lucky I am to have these idiots.