Chapter Nine

"Ugnhhh..." I stick my head out the window once more and empty the contents of my stomach while Rami pats my back. This sucks.

Sting, Rogue, the exceeds and I are currently on a death machine also known as a train, and I just puked my guts out for the fifth time. The other two dragon slayers aren't doing any better.

"How much longer?" Rogue groans. "I don't know how much more of this I can take."

"About another hour!" Frosch says, as cheerful as ever.

"If I had known we were taking a train, I wouldn't have eaten before we came to meet you guys." I feel my insides start to churn again.

"Hey, (Y/N), maybe if you take a nap, you won't feel so sick?" Sting looks over at me, his face almost blue.

"Yeah, maybe." I'm so tired from my empty stomach, I could probably sleep.

I lean my head back against the seat and close my (E/C) eyes. So tired...

Right before I fall asleep, I feel a hand lightly push my head across the seat and onto someone's shoulder.

Sting's P.O.V.

(Y/N)'s asleep on my shoulder. Well, I let her sleep there. She looks so cute when she's asleep. Wait, what? I can't be falling for her... Oh who am I kidding? She's adorable.

Her (H/L), (H/C) hair falls in her face perfectly and her (E/C) eyes pair beautifully with her long eyelashes.

I snap out of my trance to realize that Rogue is smirking at me from across the compartment.

"What are you looking at?" I snap.

"You're in love with her, aren't you? I can see it." He's still got that look on his face.

"I'll smack that smirk right off your face. I'm not in love with her." Like her, yes. But love? I'm not sure I'd say that. Not yet, anyway.

"Sting loves (Y/N)! I ship it! (Ship Name)! New OTP!" Lector yells.

"Shush!" Rami whisper-yells. "You'll wake up (Y/N)!"

"Whoops. Sorry."

"This is priceless. I can't believe you've fallen for our newest guild member." That idiot still seems to find this hilarious.

"Rogue? Why aren't you and Sting getting sick?" Frosch asks.

Right on que, my stomach starts to churn again and Rogue's face turns a sickly shade of green.

Here we go again.

}•}•}•}Time Skip•}•}•}

Your P.O.V.

I wake up to a loud screech and what sounds like a train whistle. Hey...I don't feel sick...we've stopped moving? We've stopped moving! Yes!

I open my eyes and realize that I'm resting on someone's shoulder. And someone's resting on my head.

My face heats up insanely fast at this. Trying to identify this human pillow, I try to look at their clothes, but my eyes can't roll that far. I'll just have to sit up.

I start to slowly sit up, only to realize that Rogue and the exceeds are smirking at me from across the compartment. Wait...someone's missing...

Sting.

Oh, crap! I must have fallen asleep on his shoulder and then he fell asleep on my head! Well, the train's stopped, and we need to get off. Sorry, Sting.

I finish sitting up only to realize that there's a crick in my neck. Ow. I roll my neck slowly to get the pain out.

"We here yet?" The familiar blond's voice says. "The train's stopped moving."

"No, Sting. The train just randomly stopped in the middle of the journey." Rami says sarcastically.

"Well, the train's stopped, so let's get off." I say as I blow a strand of (H/C) hair out of my face, only for it to fall back to where it was.

I stand up and my legs feel like jelly. Ugh, I hate this feeling. Taking it slow, I wobble out the door of the train room, Rami following behind.

I take a deep breath. Fresh air. Thank god. Opening my eyes from that deep sigh, I see that past the train station, all that's there is a dirt road and trees.

"Woah. How are we gonna find the client in this place? It looks completely deserted." Sting points out.

"Yeah." Lector has a hint of worry in his voice. "It seems almost impossible."

"Well, let's see if there's a hotel around here. It can't be completely empty." I try to sound as optimistic as possible when really, I'm just as worried as the others.

I drag my suitcase behind me as I walk through the lame excuse for a train station to the dirt road. Looking up and down it, the only thing I see is a small building that must be about half a mile off. Probably our spot.

"See? There. Just like I said. Hotel, probably only half a mile away." I wave the guys and exceeds over and point up the road to the building. "We can make it in about twenty minutes or so."

"Good eye. Let's go." Rogue says, serious as ever.

Please let this be a normal job. For once in my life, please.