Chapter Sixteen

The Your P.O.V.

Cold. So, so cold. Where am I? Where's Sting? And why am I in a ball gown? Oh yeah, I was freaking kidnapped by that Xander guy from the masquerade. Okay, don't panic, (Y/N). Let's try to figure out where we are. I'm talking in third person. Yep. I've lost it.

I try to stand up, only to find that my wrists are bound together behind my back on the wooden chair I'm sitting on. Great, that just made my life a whole lot easier. Okay, okay, okay, okay, okay. OKAY. I'M FINE. I'M NOT GOING TO DIE, AND I'M GOING TO BE BACK AT THE GUILD WITH RAMI AND STING BEFORE I KNOW IT. Maybe, if I close my eyes, this will all be one big bad dream.

......Nothing. Wait! I have magic! I light my fists in moon energy and–wait...MY HANDS ARE NOT COVERED IN MOON RAYS. SERIOUSLY?!?! I try again. Still nothing. Great job, Xander. Magic nullifying cuffs.

"FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, WHY ME?!?!" I throw my head back and scream to no one in particular.

"Because you, (Y/N) are very special," a familiar voice says. I bring my head back down to see Xander, his piercing (E/C) eyes burning into mine. "You're a dragon slayer."

"Why am I handcuffed? With magic nullifying cuffs, no less?" I narrow my eyes at him, trying to make out his figure in the dark.

"Safety precautions," he says with a chuckle that sends chills down my spine. "Here. I figured you wouldn't be so comfortable in that dress, so I got you some clothes that I thought fit your style."

Xander tosses me what looks like a sweater, cuffed sweatpants and a pair of boots. He turns to walk away, but I clear my throat before he can leave.

"And I can change with handcuffs on? Look, I'm pretty cool, but not that cool," I roll my eyes at his stupidity.

"Fine. But try to escape, and I'll know about it," his voice drops an octave and goosebumps form on my legs. The cell door creaks open and the boy walks in.

"Really? A cell?" I hear a click, and I roll my wrists to take the cramp out.

"Like I said, safety precautions."

"Yeah, yeah. Anyway, a little privacy?" I stand up and pick the garments off the cement floor.

"I'll be back soon," and with that, Xander strides out the cell door and back to God knows where.

I reach around the back of my dress, undo the zipper, and let it fall to the floor. The cold air hits my bare skin immediately and I hug myself to try and calm the shivering. I inspect the sweater that seems to be some shade of purple, and the sweatpants I assume are black, because I can't really see them.

I throw the sweater over my head and pull the sweatpants up to my waist. I tug the boots on, and they're surprisingly my size. I shudder to think how Xander knows my foot size, and plop back down on my chair.

This is crazy. He kidnapped me, now he's giving me fresh clothing? Who is this guy? I drum my fingers on my cheek, not caring whether I ruin my makeup or not. Oh who am I kidding? It's probably already smudged to hell. My eyes wander to the cell door that Xander warned me not to go through.

I have two options. I can sit here in ignorance of what this creep is going to do to me, or I can try to leave the cell, most likely get caught and die. Welp, I'm probably going to die either way, so I might as well try. I stand up and tiptoe to the door, my boots clicking on the cement. He probably did that on purpose. Screw it. Ugh...this is going to be cold.

I tug off my boots and place them quietly on the ground. As soon as I take them off, the bottoms of my feet burn from the frozen concrete, but I wince and keep going for the cell door.

It's unlocked. Really, Xander? Well, I'm not complaining. I push open the creaky iron door and step through, the cold getting worse. Let's see if I can find anything.

Tiptoeing down a long hallway, I look into a room that looks like a library of sorts. What's the harm? I slip through the tall doorway right into a bookcase. Ow. Rubbing my forehead, I glance at the floor then look away, only to look right back. It's littered with open books.

I look to my right, then my left to check that Xander isn't watching. Then, being as light on my feet as possible, I jog over to one of the books. It's open, and the pages display diagrams and handwritten notes. I squat and inspect the markings. Two words stand out to me. Moon drip.

My (E/C) eyes widen in fear at the familiarity of the name and I stumble backwards, whacking my tailbone on the cement. I whip my head around to look at the other books. They're on moon drip as well. Another one says something about ice spells and...lacrimas?

I crawl backwards out of the library and stand up, shivering either from the cold, fear or both. Xander wants moon drip. No, he wants moon drip from me. He said something about me being special...being a dragon slayer...but what does any of that have to do with my birthmark? I run. I'm trying to get back to my cell, but I'm pretty sure I'm going the wrong way. The cold floor feels like snow against my bare feet, but I don't care.

Then I see it. Ice. Ice covering the wall on the right side. Not smooth ice that you would skate on, but jagged and menacing. As I keep sprinting down the hallway, the ice appears on the floor, too. At last, the cold gets unbearable, and I run into a room covered in ice that gives the walls an eerie blue glow. The quiet is deafening. It's not the ice, or the quiet that scares me, it's the people trapped inside the chunks of ice.