Chapter Fourteen

Your P.O.V.

"Toss me those, will you Yukino?" I yell from across the main hall. "The streamers!"

"Which colors?" She yells back.

"(F/C)!" I hesitate before telling her my choice.

"Again?" A small chuckle escapes her mouth. I look at the balcony, covered in (F/C) streamers.

"It's a soothing color!" I put my hand over my heart in mock hurt.

"Fine, fine. Catch!" She chucks the metallic colored decorations at me, and they wrap around my head, blinding me.

"Seriously?" I hear Yukino cracking up on the other side of the hall. "Yeah! Very funny!"

I take a step back, only to realize I'm on a ladder. Crap. I put my arms underneath me and channel my magic energy. Before I can hit the floor, a purple glow surrounds me, and I'm levitating in midair.

I yank the (F/C) streamers off my face and float back up to the top rung of my ladder before shooting Yukino a playful glare.

"Let's finish decorating," I laugh.

•=•=•=•=•Time Skip=•=•=•=•=•

"We're done!" Yukino claps her hands and jumps up and down like a little kid. "We're finally done!"

"Yup. It took forever, but you're right. We're done." I admire the (F/C) and silver streamers adorning the balconies, and the long buffet table in the center of the guild hall, the bar and fish tank sitting next to it.

"It looks great. You guys did an amazing job." Sting comes up next to me and snakes his arm around my waist so Yukino won't notice. It's been about three weeks since the kiss. I definitely haven't forgotten it, and neither has Sting. "I can't wait for tonight."

"Yeah. Me neither. Actually Yukino, we need to go meet up with the other girls to go get our..." I pause and roll my eyes. "Dresses."

"Oh! That's right! The masks too! Thanks for reminding me, (Y/N)!" Before I can say bye to Sting, the flustered girl grabs my wrist and drags me out of the guild hall. "You head home and pick up Rami, and I go to get the Fairy Tail girls. We'll meet back here. Plan?"

"Great. Let's go." I turn around to face the direction of my apartment and sprint. The wind whips in my (Hair type) locks, blowing them behind me. I dodge merchant booths, people and carriages until I'm standing in front of my grey brick home.

"You're back early. Did you finish decorating?" Rami says, boredom in her voice as she stuffs a marshmallow into her mouth. "And why are you so out of breath?"

"Come on! We're gonna keep them waiting!" I snatch the small exceed off the couch, bringing a marshmallow with me. "Fly me there! There's no way I can run that fast again!"

"Where exactly?" Rami looks up at me and I roll my eyes.

"Sabertooth! Come on, top speed!" I point ahead dramatically and red paws wrap around my waist. "Onward!"

"Fine, fine. Let's go." Rami's pale purple wings sprout out of her back and she lifts me into the air. "Who are we keeping waiting?"

"The girls. We need to go get our dresses and masks for the ball at Saber tonight," I respond quickly.

"We're meeting with Fairy Tail again? Anyone else?"

"A guild called Lamia Scale and an all girls guild called Mermaid Heel. I've never heard of either of them, but apparently Yukino is friends with someone from Mermaid heel, and the fairies are buddy buddy with Lamia Scale. Doesn't surprise me, since Fairy Tail hangs with everyone," I remark. "There's the guild."

Rami circles a few times, then lands in front of a group of about 30 girls and a white exceed.

"(Y/N)! You made it! Just in time, too. We were about to leave without you," Yukino jokes.

"Very funny, Yukino. Now, I've met a few of you, but I'd love to know all your names." I smile at the group of mages.

"Of course! Everyone, when I say your name, raise your hand. (Y/N), you've met Lucy and Erza, so there's Levy, Mirajane, Lisanna, Juvia, Wendy, Carla, Bisca, Asuka, Kinana, Laki, Cana and Evergreen from Fairy Tail. From Mermaid Heel, there's Kagura, Milliana, Araña, Risley and Beth. Last but not least, Sherry and Sherria are from Lamia Scale," Yukino finishes with a smile.

"I'm (Y/N) (L/N) and this is Rami, my exceed. It's nice to meet you all," I give a small wave and a chorus of "Hi" and "Hello" greet me.

"Let's get going!" One of the girls whose name I think was Mirajane suggests.

This is going to be fun.

~+~+~+~+~Time Skip+~+~+~+~

"This one?"

"No."

"How 'bout this one?"

"Nope."

"Ooooh! This one is gorgeous!"

"Not my style."

"'Cmon, (Y/N)! Everyone else has their dress and mask and you refuse to try on anything! We need to get going soon! The party's in three hours and we still have to do makeup and hair!" Laki, who I've made pretty good friends with while the other girls were trying on, dresses tries to convince me.

"I'm just not a dress person. I'm more comfortable in shorts and a t-shirt or tank top. It's rare if I find a dress I like," I state simply.

"Don't you want to impress Sting?" I whip my head over to Yukino who wiggles her eyebrows.

"W-w-what are you t-talking a-a-about?" My voice gets noticeably higher and I blush madly. "I d-don't like t-that dingus!"

"Oooooh! (Y/N)'s in love!" Sherry chirps.

"What about love?!" Sherria, who I learned is Sherry's cousin, skips over and plops down on the eggplant colored love seat next to me.

Just then, all the girls run over and start teasing me about my crush on my guild master. Just, great.

"Hey, (Y/N)! I think I found a dress and mask you might like!" I hear Wendy's voice call to me. I push through the crowd of giggling girls and tread over to the little sky dragon slayer. She holds up a clothes hanger with a gown and a feather mask.

A smile forms on my face, and Wendy's eyes light up.

"It's perfect."