#11 Cupcake

3rd person's PoV

The sunshine hits the blonde girl's sleepy eyes and yawned, followed by a scratch on her back.

After doing her morning routines, she went downstairs, not minding if she only wear a bathrobe with a piece of garment underneath.

She went into the kitchen to make her hot chocolate for her breakfast.

After she made it, "Punz?" She heard someone asked from behind.

She turned around and saw Jack. His boyfriend's face are like caught on fire.

She frowned confusely. "What's wrong?"

Jack pointed at her clothes. She looked down and realized that she's only wearing a bathrobe.

She blushed. "Uh, I should've changed my clothes first..." And with that, she went upstairs to change her clothes, leaving her boyfriend chuckling.

Meanwhile, Jack yanked a certain box from his pocket and opened it, revealing a diamond ring.

The mesmerizing image of the sparkling diamond ring made him forget everything, even the way he will give the ring to his beautiful flower in special and romantic way.

"How will I propose to her with this little shiny thing?" He asked himself, scratching his perfectly messy and white hair.

He looked around for a way. Suddenly, a picture frame with a Cupcake painting —which he guess Rapunzel painted it— caught his attention.

That's it! His eyes twinkled, a signal for an idea. And just in time, her beautiful girlfriend went downstairs.

Jack turned to Rapunzel and looked at her from head to toe. She's wearing a purple short puffy sleeved shirt and pink flowy skirt.

Jack smirked. "That's the clothes you wore when I first met you."

She blushed. "You remembered? Wow."

"yeah I do, princess." He said with a smile. "Say... you know how to make a cupcake?"

She nodded. "Yeah, well... that's what I always do when I'm bored. Make a cupcake."

"Well I was thinking if... can you please teach me how to make one..." he shyly said.

"Sure. Why not?" She responded.

Later... after Rapunzel thought Jack how to make a cupcake...

"Now you know how?" Rapunzel asked her boyfriend, hands on her waists.

"Of course I do. I learned from the master." Jack answered, which made Rapunzel blush and giggle.

"Okay, Now you make one. I'll be judging it. I'm just in the living room if you're done." She said and left the kitchen.

"I hope this badboy works for Rapunzel." Jack muttered, staring at the diamond ring after he get it from his pocket.

He started making the batter. And on purpose, he combined the ring with the batter in a cupcake cup.

So his plan is... he'll let Rapunzel eat the cupcake and when Rapunzel noticed something hard from her mouth, she'll realized that it's a ring. Then Jack will start his proposing thing.

When he left the kitchen to the living room he gave the cupcake to her girlfriend.

"Here you go. A yum-yum to nom-nom for your tum-tum." he stated, making his girlfriend  giggle.

She took the cupcake in her hands. She rose her brow and looked up to him. "Red Velvet? How'd you know that's my favorite flavor?"

He confidently shrugged. "Let's just say that I'm the best boyfriend ever."

She smiled and took the first bite. After swallowing the food she chewed, she nodded. "You improved. It's neither undercooked nor overcooked."

"Well... I did my best. Now judge it." Jack slowly stated, not trying to stammer because of nervous he's getting right now.

After dozen of chews...

Jack's PoV

What the...??? She's still eating it. Did she already ate the ring down her stomach? or maybe the ring melted because of baking?

Shit! I bit my lower lip, watching Rapunzel chewing a mouthful of cupcake. "Rapunzel--"

Coincidentally, she stopped eating, before a strange look on her face appeared.

That must be it! She felt it on her mouth!! I hid my excitement by a smirk.

And sadly, she throw the precious thing through the trash can. Trash can... again...

"Soooo... how was it?" I slowly asked.

"It tastes good, really, but I felt something hard. What did you put there?" She asked me back, but a bit quick.

"N-nothing." Can't tell her yet!!!

"Okay, I--" but her words got interfered when we both heard a squeaking rat from the kitchen.

I forgot to clean the mess I made earlierrrr!! I thought, chewing my lip.

"...Need to clean the mess you made." She finished, walking away to the kitchen, leaving me chuckling lightly.

I sighed when she's out of my sight. I glanced inside the trash can, seeing the Emerald ring shining. Man. I failed again!