Reality

🌶WARNING🌶
Strong language ahead. Ye be warned.

_____________________________

J A S P E R

It didn't make any sense.

I have watched plenty of women leave my room after a long, steamy sex crazed night. I have filled them with false hope that there would be more nights to come. I have assured them that it was meaningful.  And more importantly, I have felt no remorse for any of the actions I took knowing that they will never return.

But now, as I watched Allison walk away from me,  I didn't feel any of those things. If anything, I wanted to chase after her, to beg her to come back to me, to say that I didn't really care about her paper on Robert Browning and I just want her back in bed.

But what really confused me is that if we did go back to bed, I wouldn't mind just holding her.

What the hell?

I shook my head as if it would expel my thoughts and turned my attention back to Allison. As she walked towards the elevator I couldn't tear my eyes off of her frame swallowed up in my shirt. I never cared much for the shirt, but now it was turning into one of my favorites. It was truly a beautiful sight, one that I could write several sonnets about, if only she wasn't walking away.

When she turned around to press a button her bright green eyes lifted up to land on mine. For some reason my thoughts grew even worrisome when I realized how desperately I wanted those eyes to look only at me. Nobody else.

I sent her a crooked smile which I knew will make her blush. As if on cue her cheeks turned a lovely shade of pink before the door slid shut cutting off my view from her. I remained there at the doorway a beat longer although I'm not sure why. It's not as if she would come back any faster if I just remain there and stare at the elevator doors waiting. Although a part of me actually wanted to.

Seriously, what is this woman doing to me?

Again I shook my head and went back inside my room looking for an excuse to numb my thoughts. I decided maybe a little light cleaning would be a good distraction since it was very much needed. The room was an absolute mess from last night. Clothes were thrown everywhere, objects spilled out on the floor, shoes and socks in opposite sides of the room, and most importantly her dress was carelessly tossed halfway over the couch.

I looked at the black lace material reminiscing the fond memories it held. I'll never forget walking into the ballroom and seeing her on the other side of the room dressed in such a breathtaking attire. After my little taste of her in the elevator, I was hyper aware of the fact that I wanted Allison. But last night it reached to a whole new level of desperation. And when our eyes met from across the room, I couldn't refrain from letting her know just how badly that desire was.

I planned on staying far away from her, but when I saw the way she looked, something in me snapped. Not to mention that boy-toy of June's was hanging around her eyeing her like a piece of meat. I've watched him try to dig his claws in her for days, luckily to no avail. But when I saw his filthy gaze directed at Allison in the ballroom, it was enough to make me see blood. Later that night when my fist collided with his face, I couldn't help but feel immense pleasure.

Nobody should look at Allison that way. She deserves much better than that.

I took in a deep breath and started to put the dress to the side when I heard a knock at the door. I don't know why my heart picked up at the thought of it being Allison. Instead of dwelling on it I pushed the thought to the side and quickly placed the dress in my room in case she wasn't my guest.