New Students

Dani would not stop talking in my ear this morning in English. It was even worse in History with Lisa and Liza. I tuned them out as soon as I sat down in my seat. I heard Mr. Burke walk through the door, more like shuffle. In the three weeks that I've been at this school, I was able to distinguish the walks of most of the people here. More so the teachers since every time they walked into a room, the students hushed. But today was different; his footsteps were followed by someone else. "Oh my God, Bella! Do you see him? He is gorgeous. And he's totally checking you out!" Dani hissed beside me. I think she was more excited because if I thought he was cute, I wouldn't want Nicholas. Pfft, if she only knew that I didn't want anything to do with him. I looked up from my notes to see who she was rambling about and saw Jasper standing there looking at me. I looked back at him and wondered what the cover story was. Mr. Burke told Jasper he could grab the empty chair next to me. Jasper walked towards my direction, never taking his eyes off of me, which only fueled Dani into thinking that there might be sparks flying between us.

"Jasper! What took so long, what's the cover story, do I know you guys?" I asked him very fast and very low, none of the humans could even tell we were having a conversation.

"No, we are transfer students. Carlisle is the new doctor for Providence Portland Medical Center, he transferred from the East Coast. The story that we had in Forks is pretty much the same, but not everyone is here. I'll tell you more later at lunch." So it was just him and Alice. I couldn't hide the disappointment that Edward wasn't with them, but A for effort I thought I could by creating a wall between me and Jasper with my hair. It wasn't any use since Jasper interrupted my thoughts, "Bella can you tone it down? I'm feeling depressed." Stupid empath vampire. For the rest of class we didn't speak as if we truly didn't know each other. Dani and Liza kept remarking how cute I would look with the new kid. Every time one of them said anything, Nicholas rolled his eyes.

The bell finally rang and I stood up with Dani after gathering my things. "Hello. My name is Jasper Hale." I wanted to laugh at him as he held out my hand. I shook it as if this was our first introduction. Under other circumstances, it would have been rude not to.

"I'm Bella Anthony. I'm new here also, but only by a few weeks." We walked out together and Alice was waiting for us in the hallway. Dani, Liza, and Lisa were all shocked to see Jasper and Alice kiss in the hallway. I hoped they stopped thinking about me and Jasper together. I'd never think of him like that, he was my older brother.

"This is my girlfriend, Alice Cullen. Alice, this is Bella." Alice wasn't as subtle as Jasper was, and reached over and gave me a hug. I couldn't help but hug her back since I missed her so much. I missed her enough to go shopping with her.

"Excellent idea Bella, how about after school?" Crap. I take it back, I take it back. But that only put a frown on Alice's face. "After school is fine. I'll just drop my car off at my apartment, okay?" That was enough for Alice to be happy again. We finalized our plans as we continued walking to Trigonometry. I thought maybe they were in the same class as me but they soon parted ways with me and went to their classes.

I grabbed the same seat I've been sitting in for the past three weeks. I opened my notebook to a clean sheet of paper, ready to take notes, but just soon after the bell rang the PA system crackled on. "Will Bella Anthony come to the administrative office? Bella Anthony to the office, please?"

Since I had no idea what I had done, or how long I would be I gathered my things and waited for a pass from Mrs. Reed. My classroom wasn't that far from the office, so I was there in a matter of seconds. I rounded the corner to the office and stopped in my tracks, I couldn't believe it. Since no one was around I ran up to Rosalie, Emmett and Esme and hugged them all at the same time. I halfway forgot about my strength until Esme said oww.