Proposals and Such

Everyone kept looking between Edward and Alice, waiting for someone to say what Alice saw in her vision. Finally, Alice snapped out of it and looked to Edward as well. "Can we stop her?"

"Stop Irina? What is going on?" Esme asked in frantic mode.

Edward and Alice remained silent for a few more seconds before Edward opened his mouth to speak. "Victoria went back to Denali, looking for Laurent. Instead she found Irina who told her that some wolves killed him. Victoria didn't take it well that her plan of torture was postponed because Laurent failed to follow through."

"But she already knew that, Alice told her before I even got to Denali." I interrupted and shook my head in disbelief. Hadn't she told me that Irina was okay with me?

"Bella, let me finish. Irina though she was initially okay with Laurent's death, was furious when Victoria mentioned that she caught the wolves scent around your house, guarding Charlie. Coupled with the fact that Alice told her that had we been in the area, we would have protected Bella in the same manner, Irina has decided to join forces with Victoria. She allowed Victoria to fill her head up with the idea that we are in cohorts with the wolves."

"But she can't do that!" I screamed.

"Okay, calm down Bella. I'm going to call and speak with Tanya right now." Carlisle said to ease my rage. I started pacing along the width of the room with anxiety. As I crossed in front of Edward for the twentieth time, he grabbed me by the waist and pulled me close to him.

"Okay, I didn't know she felt that way. Of course I understand, Tanya." I heard the phone being placed in the receiver, and realized that in my pacing I forgot to focus on the conversation.

"Well Tanya and Kate just found a note from Irina. Apparently she lied to Alice about being okay with Laurent's passing and had been trying to think of a way to get even. Victoria merely presented her with a solution, it seems. They're very saddened by the thought of Irina doing something to purposely hurt us, and will arrive sometime tomorrow to help us deal with the situation."

"Okay, now will you let me take you home Bella? We have fifteen minutes before your curfew, and I know you don't want to upset your father so soon."

I hated that he was right, so I let him lead me out the house after I gave everyone a hug goodbye. I didn't want to leave but there was no way that I could let Charlie stay alone unprotected. Edward sped through the town and was at Charlie's house in a matter of two minutes. Since it was probable that Charlie was waiting beside the window, Edward walked at a snail's pace around the car and tried to open the door for me, but I'd already climbed out. I don't think I will ever get use to his chivalry. I laughed at his frustration when he must of realized the same thing, he huffed a bit at the sight of me waiting for him. He did opt to walk me to my door while holding my hand. That much I'll let him do for me.

"So I'll see you later, love?" he asked me as we reached the stoop. I caught a quick glimmer as the blinds went back to shape as Charlie dodged the window and dove for the couch.

"Of course darling." I replied. We gave each other a longing kiss as I was fumbling with the front door. Suddenly, it came to me that I was excited about marrying Edward. The idea alone that I wouldn't have to keep up a façade for Charlie's sake, made the idea of marriage slightly more appealing. A small shudder went through me. I said slightly. Edward, thinking the shudder was from the kiss, gave my favorite smile as I backed away into the house.

The T.V. was on, and Charlie laid on the couch, pretending to be sleeping. I shook my head at his attempt to fool me, and went over to his "sleeping" body. "Dad? Daddy wake up?" I knew no matter what he could never resist me calling him daddy.