Preparations

The rest of the week flew by, and thanks to Alice, I didn't dwell on the upcoming battle too much. While there were slight preparations here and there, there really wasn't much to do. Jasper and Carlisle spent much of their time with the wolves and also catching the Denali family up to date with our plan. I felt bad that they were considering fighting against their sister. Edward explained to me that they already lost their mother to the Volturi. Now to lose a sister, had to be tough on their psyche.

Alice kept me busy all day on Thursday with shopping. But this time it had nothing to do with clothes, or my wedding. She thought it was a good idea to do some gift shopping for our parents. I had a feeling that Edward put her up to it. But I couldn't be ad, the distraction was most welcome. Of course Alice went overboard, she bought Esme a house in the Hamptons. I had to curb her to under $200 for my parents, when she got pouty, I upped the limit to $350 each. I thought I had her cornered but she reminded e that I had to get something for Phil as well. Even though he was my stepfather, I didn't really know much about him except that he liked baseball. Without me knowing she purchased season passes to the Florida Marlins.

"Alice! How much?"

"Well, look at it this way, I saved over ten thousand dollars." She said sheeply.

"Alice!" I shrieked. I was tired of her skirting the issue.

"Okay, okay." She covered her eyes, but then promptly started to peek with one eye. "$15,390."

"What?" I practically hissed.

"Wait, wait, wait." Alice said as she held up both hands in front of her. Her eyes glazed over into a vision. "Oh Bella, you wouldn't do that would you? I haven't even gotten a chance to drive it yet." She pouted.

Ha! I knew he bribed her with something. And a car at that? Ugh, my new family had just way too much money.

"I don't know. Maybe I will, maybe I won't." I said smugly.

Alice's eyes glazed over once more. This time when she came out of her vision, she gave me a hug. "Oh see, I knew you wouldn't do that. You love me too much."

She knew me too well, and yet at the same time, not well enough. "Unless I involve the wolves." I pointed out chuckling.

Again Alice went into a vision, and all glee turned to grief. "Drat." She erupted. I couldn't control the laughter. I figured since the tickets were already purchased, there was no foul in spending more money on Charlie and Renee. I was turning into one of them now.

Friday evening, Alice came over after I fixed dinner for Charlie. I was a little surprised because I thought Edward was coming over.

Charlie opened the door and let her in. "Alice! Hi darling. What a surprise, you haven't been over in a while. Bella's in the kitchen." Charlie was always happy to see Alice. I honestly thought that out of all of the Cullen's, he liked Alice the most. Carlisle and Esme next. Edward came in fourth place. He didn't have much dealings with Jasper, Rose, or Emmett, so I didn't know where they would fit in his line-up.

"Hi Charlie. Actually, I came to see you. I have a favor to ask you." Of course I heard everything from the kitchen, so I was curious, as to what this favor could be.

"Well, we always go camping at the end of the school year, but this year I was able to convince Esme and Rose on a shopping trip instead. You know cause we always go camping, so I wanted to do something different, and I was wondering if Bella would like to come with us. If that's okay with you of course." I couldn't believe how innocent she sounded. Alice had everyone including my father wrapped around her finger.

"Well, I don't see the harm in that. As long as you guys stay away from Seattle. Those serial killings seem to be getting worse. When are ya'll leaving?"