The Beautiful Ordinary

There is no word that could properly describe our honeymoon. Magical couldn't even come close. Edward didn't want any of the locals to know that we were in the area. He thought it best since we wouldn't have to go through the pretense of needing the refrigerator stocked up. As soon as our plane touched down, we swam across the vast marine and finally arrived at our destination. The beautiful island that I had heard so much about, Isle Esme.

We lost complete track of time while we vacationed on the little island, but with both of us being immortal, time had little effect on us. We spent the days swimming, exploring the reefs, and each other underneath the water. At night, we made sure every bedroom in the cottage that was built a ways into the island was put to good use.

After about a month, Edward reminded me that we needed to head back and help with the move to New Hampshire.

"Ahhh, can't we just stay here forever?" I loved it here too much. Living in paradise with my husband for eternity could never get boring. I let him know by taking my shield down so that he could read my thoughts about living in ecstasy.

"Well if you like the place so much, I can buy you your own island. We can visit it whenever you like." I hoped he was teasing me, but I knew he was rich enough to follow through.

"Edward Anthony Mason Cullen! Don't you even dare think about it." I yelled. I couldn't imagine anyone spending that much money on me, no matter how much I loved the thought.

Edward chuckled as he finished packing our clothes in our bags. I shook my head thinking of all the clothes that weren't even worn while we were on the island, which was pretty much everything. "Honey, why don't we just leave these clothes here? It was a pain swimming and carrying the bags anyway."

"If that's what you want to do." He complied. "You won't miss any of these clothes?" I looked at him waiting for the punch line. He let out a sweet chuckle as he encircled his arms around my waist and brought me closer to him. Kissing me on my forehead, "I'm so glad you're mine." I smiled as we looked into each other's eyes lovingly. It took us a little over three hours to release each other, and make our way back to the states.

"Are we all set?" Carlisle asked bringing me out of my thoughts from our honeymoon? I had already said my goodbyes to Charlie the night before. I was happy that while I was away, Charlie allowed himself to get into a routine that didn't revolve around missing me, too much. But it was enough to keep him from crying after our last hug. I didn't have any type of idea when or even if I'd see him again, so I held onto him as long as I possibly could.

I was shocked when Angela and Ben stopped by to see me and Edward off. I gushed over Angela's ring and her wedding plans. I looked at Edward painfully as she described that they were planning for the wedding to take place the following year. She wanted me to be her Matron of Honor, which of course I accepted. I knew that one year wouldn't make a difference whether or not I looked the same. I told her we'd keep in touch with wedding plans and such. It was much harder to say goodbye to Angela than what I thought it would be, but Edward stood beside me and I got through it.

Jacob and the pack came through with their goodbyes as well. Carlisle and Jacob talked about keeping the lines of communication open for when we return. I saw them shaking hands as they agreed to withdraw the border lines, there would be peace between the Cullen's and the pack. I smiled as he walked over to me. "Good morning Mrs. Cullen." He took a long look at me. "You sure you don't want to divorce the bloodsucker and marry me? I don't mind that you're a vampire."

I heard Edward growl, but I knew the both of them were just playing. "Oh Jacob. I'll miss you."

"Sure, sure," was his reply as he pulled me into a hug. I closed my eyes against hot body as I listened to his heartbeat. "I'll miss you too, Bella. You know I never got a chance to tell you that you looked gorgeous at your wedding. I'm happy for you Bella. And I'm really glad that you had the wedding, it was a way of you letting everyone know you were excited for your new life. They just didn't know what exactly that choice was."