0

Jude Thomas skated around, waiting for her team to get on the ice. She also waited for her co-captain and boyfriend, Luke Hemmings, the best player on the team, to also show up. She tried not to get frustrated that he was late. It only happened a few times before but none the less, inconvenient.

The team was doing amazing. They had many new players this year, giving them that much more of an advantage. She loved being the captain. It was basically like coaching, the only thing Mr. Brice did was sit and watch, making sure they had a certified teacher with them. It was interesting being in charge.

The four boys and their band were actually going somewhere. Jude still couldn't believe that it was actually something serious, but people at school seemed to love "5 Seconds of Summer." It made Jude laugh because they were all hockey players as well.

Luke finally showed up on the ice in his jersey. He looked frustrated but gave her a smile.

"Hey," he smiled and kissed her as he skated up to her.

"You're late," she reminded him.

"Or you're just early," he smirked. She rolled her eyes and went back to skating around with the puck. Slowly, Calum and Michael showed up for practice. Other team members followed, starting a warm up by skating around the rink. Jude looked at the clock that hung high on the wall. They had three minutes until practice officially started.

"Guys!" Ashton's voice echoed through the building. "Calum! Michael! Luke!"

The whole team turned to Ashton who ran onto the ice. His face was a rosey pink, most likley from the cold outside. He seemed to be in a hurry to say something to the three boys he called.

"What are you doing here?" Calum asked.

"I just got a call from a guy, he likes our band and gave us an offer to tour with another band!" Ashton tried to catch his breath as he spoke.

"What?" Michael gawked. "You mean..."

"Yes. An offer to travel, tour, play music in front of more than twelve people," Ashton put his hand to his chest. "I just got off the phone with him, he told me to talk to you guys about it."

Luke's face dropped to the ice for a split seconds. No one noticed, except for Jude who was watching for his reaction. The three boys hugged in celebration while Luke lingered behind. She wondered what he was thinking in that moment.

–––––––––––

Jude sat in the basement with Luke sitting next to her, working on his government homework. She looked at her math, not thinking of anything other than what happened today. She wanted to know what he thought about all of it. He said nothing as Ashton mentioned it to them all.

"So," Jude put her books to the side.

"Yes?" He glanced up at her. Sometimes his face made her want to melt. He was so attractive.

"What do you think of that offer?" she asked.

"Oh.." he took a deep breath in before answering. "I don't think i'm gonna do it.."

"Why not?"

"Because, I'm waiting to hear back from those colleges... I applied for all of the hockey teams and I could get a scholarship... That would be huge," he explained.

"So is getting an offer to tour!" Jude argued.

"I know, but I love hockey," Luke explained.

Jude didn't respond. She knew where he was coming from, but she was also shocked that he would give up something that was basically just handed to him. She let it go though, hoping maybe he would come around. After all, he was just as good of a musician as he was a hockey player.

----------

HIII HERES THE PROLOGUE!! I'm very excited for this! Hope you are too!

just an FYI I'm on vacation/baby sitting so it's gonna be kinda hard to post regularly this week! I might get some time here and there but I'm gonna be in a pool/at the river the majority of this week.

anyways I have a lot of ideas for this story so get ready for your heart to hurt a lot :))))