6

Jude walked through the parking lot of the ice rink in her hometown. It was a strange feeling being back, like she wasn't supposed to be there, but she was. She made her way inside and as soon as she walked through the door, the cold hit her. She embraced it by wrapping her arms around herself. She shivered a bit as she walked towards the snack room.

She had no reason to move towards that area, but that was where her feet took her. She knew she should have greeted her uncle before she said hello to anyone else, but she didn't turn back. When she walked into the snack room, her body froze up as she saw Luke sitting at the table with Zach.

Confusion washed over her as she moved over and sat down next to Zach, across from Luke.

"What are you doing here?" Jude asked.

"I'm gonna give you guys some space," Zach said and stood. She would have argued, but she was too late. He was already gone.

"I've missed you so much," Luke smiled. Jude's confusion grew even more. He was acting normal.

"I miss you too," she said before her mind could stop her. She cursed herself for saying so. She also cursed herself because she knew it was true, and she just admitted it to the person she wanted most to not know that.

Jude was surprised he made no snarky remark back. Instead he stood up and grabbed her hand. He pulled her to her feet and her body went numb. She hadn't felt his touch in forever and it felt electrifying. She almost melted as she looked up at him. She missed him so much and she used to love him so much, she wished she could feel that kind of love again.

She didn't stop him when Luke leaned forward and kissed her. She missed the feeling of his lips on hers. A relieving feeling came over her broken heart. She almost forgot about everything else around her until she thought about Ayce.

When his face popped in her mind, Jude slammed Luke back and went to slap him, but he was gone and her eyes shot open to see the dim light of the rising sun coming through the curtains.

She lifted her fingers to her lips. It felt so real. The worst part about that nightmare was that a part of her wished it was true.

------

Jude hated that after she woke from that dream, Luke was on her mind the whole day. She hated him still and wished that he never existed, but he did.

She went through practice feeling distracted. When she got home, Ayce stood in the kitchen making dinner. He smiled as she came in and sat down at the table.

"Hey Babe," he smiled.

"Hey," she smiled at him. She knew she failed at sounded okay.

"What's wrong?" He asked as he kissed her.

"I just had a long day and I just want to go to sleep. I also miss.. the boys," she sighed

"I'm sorry," he rubber her shoulders. She closed her eyes at how relaxing it was.

She couldn't feel this way about Luke. He was a jackass and she had Ayce. She could not be thinking about two people at once, she learned her lesson when Harry liked her. She didn't want to have her mind switching up on her, making her more confused than she already felt after seeing him.

"I made dinner," Ayce said softly. He was such a sweet guy, she couldn't help but smile, no matter how out of it she felt.

"You're the best," she smiled.

"No, you are," he said as he walked over to the stove. He pulled out a couple plates and served himself and Jude.

They sat across from each other and talked about their day. She seemed to forget about Luke once she started talking to Ayce, and it was nice to know that she loved Ayce so incredibly much.

When she finished eating, she washed up the dishes and went into the bedroom. She picked up the phone and immediately called Setha.

"Hey girl, one second," She said. There was a bit of shuffling on the other line, but after a few seconds she picked up the phone again. "Sorry, I just got done making my bed. What's up?"

"I wanted to talk to you about something," Jude explained.

"Okay," She smiled. She missed Setha a lot.

"Well, I've had a few games recently and the boys actually came to one of them," Jude explained.

"Even Luke?" Setha asked, completely shocked.

"Yeah," Jude stifled a laugh.

"And?"

"Basically avoided each other. It was fun with everyone else there, but I was dropped off after hanging out with them and Luke tried to talk to me... I sort of punched him."

Setha broke into fits of laughter. Jude even chuckled herself. "I'm surprised you didn't do that sooner," she said as she came up for air.

"Yeah, me too," Jude giggled. "But anyways... After seeing him... I realized how much I missed him..."

"Well, yeah," Setha shrugged as though it was obvious. "He dumped you. No matter how mad you are at him, it was never your choice to let him go..." She explained. "Besides, you two were close. Not seeing each other for a year is a long time," she added.

"Yeah," Jude sighed.

"Did he apologize?" She asked.

"I didn't really let him."

"Why not?"

"I'm just so hurt and angry," Jude admitted. "It was weird seeing him again so I freaked out.."

"Yeah, but you deserve closure," Setha pointed out.

"It's so annoying because ever since I saw him, no matter how much I hate him, I can't stop thinking about him," Jude whispered.

"Jude, it's all just phycological. You're with Ayce, and you love him. But seeing Luke is making you have a feelings flashback because you need to talk to him about everything. Once you do, I'm sure things will be a lot better."

"I'm terrified," Jude finally said. "I don't want to trust him again. He hurt me a lot."

"You don't have to trust him to be able to clear things up between you two."

Jude sighed. She didn't like the idea of talking to Luke. Besides, he was gone by now. He was off recording now, busy with all of those things. He was busy and so was she. It was for the best. She didn't need to worry about it any longer.

After she hung up, she laid in bed, staring at the ceiling. Ayce came in and laid down right next to her, observing the features in her face. She looked over at his handsome looks and smiled. He was hers and she was in awe at how she could be so lucky to have such a wonderful human. Not even Luke could ruin that.

"I love you," he whispered.

"I love you more," she said to him, and she meant it.

---------

it's only just beguuuunnn >:))