12

Jude sat across from Ayce at her favorite burger diner. It was a place her and Ashton always used to go to, and Jude wanted him to experience it as well.

"Your friends are really nice," Ayce explained.

"They all love you for some reason," Jude smiled.

"Well, they're all really cool," He assured her.

"I love them all," she smiled at the thought of them.

"Even Luke?" He asked.

"Well," Jude sighed.

"He doesn't look at me... ever."

"He just had a big ego," she sighed. "And.. truthfully, I haven't spoken to him in a long time. The few words I've said to him were nothing other than I hate you."

"He hasn't apologized?" He asked.

"He has," Jude shrugged.

"You must still care about him then," Ayce told her.

"What? No!" Jude denied.

"Jude, if you didn't care you wouldn't still be holding on to all of this. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Just a statement," he shrugged. "You don't have to defend yourself. It's not a bad thing to still care about someone that has broken your heart."

Jude stayed silent. She took it as a bad thing. She didn't want to care anymore. She did not want him to bug her anymore, but he did. Luke got on her nerves because he will never know how much he hurt her.

"Don't beat yourself up for wanting to forgive him. Forgiveness isn't just for the person you're forgiving."

She sighed and nodded. "You're right, but it's still too soon."

Jude changed the subject to the show. She wanted to see the boys again after the first show she saw, so she was already thinking of ways to get to another show of theirs. She seemed to ramble on about them so much, she lost track of time. The diner was about to close, so they took a drive. Jude showed Ayce around the small town, and once they covered all of it, they went into the city for something hot to drink.

Jude loved spending time with Ayce. She really loved him. She knew that he loved her too, so being with him was something that seemed so unique. She was lucky to have such an amazing guy.

–––––––––––

Jude sat in the basement and watched Netflix. She tried to take in the fact that she could sit around at home for a while, not having to worry about responsibilities. She missed being at home, so it was good for her to wind down from all the crazy practices and games she had to be at. As she started to drift off, she was startled awake by Ashton jumping over the back of the couch and to the spot next to her.

"Was that necessary?" she whined as she pulled the covers closer to her chin.

"Absolutely," he confirmed. Jude sighed and opened her eyes just a tad to see Luke sitting at the other end of the couch.

"Why is he here?" She looked at Ashton now.

"Fuck you too," Luke said harshly.

"What?" He shrugged. "Luke came around plenty of times when you hated him the first time, why is now any different?"

Jude rolled her eyes at Ashton and shot Luke a dirty look before she turned over so she faced the back cushions of the couch.

"Someone's grumpy because we interrupted her nap," Luke mocked.

"I swear to God, shut the fuck up or I will personally kill you," Jude said, not turning to look in his direction.

Ashton chuckled a bit and she kicked him.