13

Jude was extremely sad to say goodbye to her family again. She said goodbye to Ashton and Setha, wondering when would be the next time they saw each other would be. She hated goodbyes, but knew she had to go back to the reality of being on her team. She had games and practices that she needed to be at.

Walking back into her apartment felt weird after being at home for a week. She continued to text Ashton, but she already missed him again. It was hard being away from her best friends for so long. It seemed to bring her down a lot more than she thought it would. Being home was the first time that they were all together after moving on to their own things, so Jude felt torn once their vacation ended.

As she sat in the living room of her apartment, Ayce sat down next to her.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Homesick," she sighed.

"I'm sorry," He put his arm around her and she leaned in to him.

"It's just weird not seeing everyone, we all saw each other every day and then it suddenly just stopped."

"Well, we were gonna go see another show, let's start planning for it. I think it will help get your mind off of things," Ayce suggested.

"Yeah," she agreed.

–––––––––––––––––––––

Luke sat in yet another hotel room. He hated that he had so much surrounding him and he was still completely and utterly sad. He was so sad and he really couldn't admit it. How could he when Arzaylea slept right next to him, thinking that she was the one on his mind. He hated how terrible he was.

He wished he could be given a second chance with Jude. He wanted to be able to make everything up to her.

"What are you thinking about?" Arz asked as she shifted her body to look at him.

"Just, home I guess..." He sighed.

"Miss your mom?" She asked.

"Oh, well... yes, but I meant home as in with Ashton and everyone..."

"Ah," Arzaylea. "Do you miss Jude?"

"Of course I miss Jude. She was apart of all of my friends."

"Sorry," she cuddled next to him. He didn't want this. He didn't want to be next to her like this.

"It's fine," he lied. "I just wish things didn't get this messy. I want us to all be together again.."

"You have the boys, why do you need her?" She said a bit harshly.

"You don't like her do you?" Luke smirked. He felt a bit of pride in that. She saw Jude as a threat.

"No," she answered honestly. "I don't."

"I didn't like her first either," Luke chuckled.

"Why did you date her then?" She asked.

"Because I loved her," Luke shrugged.

He still loved her and the real question he wanted to ask himself was why did he break up with her.

"We should go to one of her games," Luke said. "I want to see her again."

"Do.. Do you still have feelings for her?" Arzaylea asked.

"Or course not," He lied. "She's my friend."

"Good, because you're mine."

–––––––––––––

Jude sat on the bench at the Home game. The Buffalo Buets were doing well tonight. She tried to catch her breath after just coming off the ice. She watched her team play as the crowed cheered them on. It was a home game, so many were here in support of the Pride's.