16

As the final game before Jude's winter break was rapped up, Jude was happy to finally be going home. The time away from Ashton and the boys slowly became manageable. It helped that her practices and workouts took time out of her schedule, keeping her busy enough to not think of anything but her games.

The Pride's were doing fantastic. She had no issues with her performance on the ice and she worked together with the team, giving them a great outcome. Jude loved being on the team more than anything and it truly showed as they went home with a win each game. So far they had only lost one. It was a relief to know that things were looking up for her.

After finally acknowledging that her grudge had passed, Luke still stayed on her mind. She guessed that it was because she missed him. She wasn't sure if she was looking forward to talking to him though. Things would take time to repair themselves and the awkward road to recovery didn't sound appealing to Jude in the slightest, no matter how necessary she knew talking to him was. She hoped that with the other boys' help they would be able to work past things being awkward.

Jude sat on the plane next to Ayce. He agreed to spend the first few days of break with Jude and her family before leaving to spend the rest of the holidays with his family.

She was excited to see her family again and spend more than just a week with them all. She had an additional week and a half before she had to be back in Boston for her next game. That gave her a good amount of time to get her fill in of family and friends, something she needed most. She prayed to God that Arzaylea would not be with Luke over break, the last thing she needed was an entitled crazy person around to ruin any fun she might have.

When they finally landed in the airport, Rett picked them up. On the ride back, it was hard for Jude to keep her eyes open. It was already extremely late in Boston, so Jude was jet lagged. The ride was silent besides the radio playing. As soon as they pulled up to the large house, Jude grabbed her bags and headed straight to her room, not bothering to say hello to Mom or Dad. She fell asleep as soon as she hit the bed.

––––

Jude woke up the next morning to whispering in her room. She knew she should have been used to this, but she still wondered why they boys had to be so annoying all of the time. She waited to see what they would do, still unsure which of the boys it was.

"Maybe some water?" She heard Calum's voice whisper.

"I swear to God," Jude mumbled. "If you dump water on me, your ass if going to be beat."

As soon as she spoke, the boys jumped on her. Ashton and Calum's voice yelled into her ears and she winced.

"I need to get a lock," Jude rolled her eyes.

"Get your butt up missy, we're paying a game down stairs!" Calum said loudly.

"I hate you guys," she sighed. "What time is it?"

"It's, like... twelve," Ashton answered.

"Also very cold out and perfect for a game," Calum mentioned again.

"Okay, well, I need to get up first in order to go down stairs. You do realize that, right?" Jude chuckled.

They finally got off of her and she stood up to get changed. She heard voices down stairs and wondered who was up and here. Once she threw on a sweatshirt and leggings, she went down stairs with Ashton and Calum. She saw Arzaylea first and rolled her eyes. Luke sat at the bar while Rett stood in the kitchen. Daniel sat on the couches in the living space just beyond the bar while Michael sat at the dining table. They were everywhere.

"When did you all get here?" Jude asked.

"Just now," Michael answered.

"Well, i'm ready for a game if you are," she shrugged.