Chapter 6: Performance

Stiles woke up, and grimaced. He had a huge wedgie.

He groaned and got up, heading to the bathroom, and immediately took off his clothes, relieved when the thong was tossed to the side. He got in the shower, and scrubbed his eyes, turning the water on even hotter, in order to try and wake himself up more.

So this is what his life would be like from now on, long sleepless nights, and rough mornings. Though Stiles wished he wasn't so exhausted, he wasn't too upset, because he had already began to love his job.

After finishing up, Stiles headed to his room and proceeded to change into fresh clothes, which included normal underwear.

He scrubbed his eyes again, heading downstairs. He skipped breakfast, and grabbed his keys, he was late.

When he arrived on campus, pleased that traffic wasn't too bad, he slipped in his seat, which was at the very back of the class.

"Hey." Drew greeted him, one of Stiles' study buddies. "Thought you might like this." Drew sat down a cup off coffee, before slipping off his backpack.

"Dude, I love you. You have no idea how much I needed this." Stiles gratefully took a large gulp, which resulted in him burning his throat and tongue.

"Yeah, it's hot." Drew said, smirking as Stiles waved his hands like a freak.

"Long night?"

"You have no idea." Stiles whispered.

Just then their professor walked in, and his long morning started.

Classes passed slowly, as usual, and by lunch time, Stiles had downed two cups of coffee, and needed a cigarette.

"I'll be right back." Stiles excused himself. He was having lunch with Cora, something they rarely got to do during the week.

"Think of the lung cancer!" Cora yelled over her shoulder.

"Yeah, yeah!"

Stiles headed outside, glad he chose to grab his coat. It was getting colder with the winter months approaching quickly.

Stiles took another drag, and bounced up and down, trying to keep warm.

Usually Stiles wasn't a smoker, he knew it was bad for him, and he knew kissing someone, or just being around someone who smoked stunk, literally, but he was stressed, and he didn't know what else to turn his stress too.

Just when Stiles took another drag, Cora came out.

"I went ahead and paid." She said, reaching for the cigarette.

Stiles gave it to her, and she took a drag, then coughed.

"Think of the lung cancer." Stiles said.

"Good point." Cora never smoked cigarettes, Stiles had only seen her try it a few times. Weed on the other hand, Cora liked pot.

"Now what has got you smoking a cigarette?" Stiles asked, grabbing it back.

"Your life isn't the only one that sucks."

"Wow thanks," Stiles puffed out, then threw the bud on the ground. "What's going on?"

"It's Ian."

"Boyfriend Ian?"

"Yeah." She puffed out her cheeks from the cold, nose red.

"Is that where you were last night, at his place?"

"Yeah. I just. . . I feel like he's not into me anymore. I think he might be sleeping around." Cora said, completely unfased.

Stiles knew Cora had been with her fair share of douchebags, so at the same time he wished Ian wasn't like this, at least Cora was already figuring it out, only a month or so into the realtionship.