Chapter 14: Expanding

It was the day of the prison performance, and to Stiles' surprise, he wasn't nervous. That didn't however stop his mind from wandering during class.

While he should have been listening to his professor or furiously copying down notes like the rest of his classmates, he was focusing on how the strip would go.

He already knew Derek and himself had it down, but he would still run over it in his mind constantly.

Class ended and Stiles was one of the last to pack up.

"Mr. Stilinski?" His professor called.

"Yes?"

Stiles' professor was middle aged, with brown hair and a greying beard. He was relatively tall and wearing his typical kaki pants and button up shirt. In his hand like always was a mug of coffee. Though he always had coffee with him, Stiles never saw him bring the same mug twice.

"Are you doing alright son?"

"Yeah." Stiles gave a reassuring smile as he grabbed his last book.

His professor nodded. "You've been slacking lately, I'm not going to lie."

"I'm sorry sir, I'll do better."

"It's not about you doing better. You've been doing fine, turning in your work on time, getting good grades, your work is fine, it's your work ethic I'm concerned about."

"What do you mean sir?"

"You went from one of my most attentive, excited student to one of my most quiet. I really think you're going to fall asleep at some point."

"Yeah, I've just been. . . Tired recently. I'm sorry sir."

The professor nodded.

"I expect great things from you Stiles. I appreciate you turning in your work on time, but I know you're not a slacker. I also know I don't exactly teach the most thrilling class, but your attentiveness is what is going to help you pass this class. If you would like to keep your scholarship, I recommend you take a 5 hour energy or something."

"Thank you sir, I'll uh. . . Take that under consideration."

"Have a nice day, Mr. Stilinski."

"You too, Professor."

With that, Stiles ducked out into the cold.

He wasn't exactly sure what his professor was upset with him with. As he said, he got good grades, and always turned things in on time, and he knew for a fact that the kid in the back was always sleeping.

Stiles shrugged it off and headed back home.

Before he could even open the door, he heard giggling.

"Uh, hi." Stiles said, walking in to see a blonde girl with large eyes looking back at him, smile on her face.

"Stiles!" Cora said. "This is Emily."

"Hi Emily." Stiles nodded, shrugging off his coat and hanging it up.

"I never knew your roommate was such a hunk, Cora." Emily smiled, before laughing.