Chapter 13: Gold

For the next week or so, Derek and Stiles fell into a routine.

Stiles would go to class, Derek would go to work, and in between they would catch lunch together.

Then, it was practice before work, and at the end of the night they would go their separate ways.

It was good, really good, but Stiles couldn't help wanting more.

The show started tomorrow, Monday night, with the cheerleader routine, and Stiles and Derek still hadn't practice their "secret routine."

They pretty much had the prison one down, and running it now was practically pointless.

Stiles rolled over in bed, thinking about what they could possibly be doing. The fact was, most of Stiles' strips were a duet, and they seemed to have already covered most common group themes with the other crew members, so both the crowd and Stiles were in for a surprise.

Eventually, Stiles got some shut eye, but had to drink 3 coffees in order to even leave the house for class. He regretted staying up last night, and cursed his active brain for keeping him awake.

Class seemed to drone on, and even his professor's rap music couldn't change the fact that he was exhausted, yet still had the jitters due to the fact that the performances started tonight.

Stiles phone buzzed in his pocket, and he discreetly took it out.

Derek: Up for a coffee?

Stiles smiled, before typing back his reply.

Stiles: How about two?

He shut his phone off before trying to pay attention to the lesson, with midterms coming up soon, but within a few minutes his phone buzzed again.

Derek: I'll buy you however many you want, but some actual sleep might be good as well. Do you need the night off?

Stiles bit his lip. He didn't understand how such a tough, brooding guy could actually be so goddamn nice.

Stiles: You're sweet, but I'll last. Besides, I was going to ask you about the other routine?

Thought Stiles waited, he didn't get a reply.

Shutting his binders and walking out the door into the cold was not pleasant, until he discovered Derek leaning on the wall of the building, holding two coffees.

"Wow. Showing up at campus. What are you, my stalker?" He raised a brow, before gratefully taking the coffee.

"'Maybe." He smirked.

Stiles rolled his eyes, before they started walking.

"This is a surprise though, usually we meet up somewhere."

"It's a nice day today." Derek shrugged. "Besides, this way we would have more time to talk."

"That sounds suspenseful. . .what did you want to talk about?"

"I have a confession to make."

Stiles scrunched his brows, before taking a seat on a bench.

"Okay?" Stiles stated to worry.

"I have no idea what our other dance will be."