Chapter 8: Don't Ask, Don't Tell

Arriving at Hale Yes hours early was exciting. There was something thrilling about being here when no one else was, like being at a school when it wasn't in session.

Most everyone was already practicing in different rooms, but Stiles had to find Derek first.

He peeked in different rooms, and watched everyone practice their routines, just for a little while.

He ended up crashing into Derek while rounding a corner.

"Oomph. There you are!" Stiles said.

"Here I am." Derek nodded. "Follow me."

Stiles did as he said, and was lead into a closet, which was full of costumes. He grabbed a military jacket and camo pants, the costume they had picked out.

"Do you have an American flag thong?" Derek asked.

"No."

Derek looked in a corner, towards a brown dresser. He searched through a couple drawers before throwing a thong at Stiles.

"Ew man!"

"Relax, it's brand new, tag is still on it."

Stiles narrowed his eyes, before checking to see that Derek was right.

"Grab your white tank top and meet me in the room closest to my office."

Derek walked off with the rest of Stiles' costume, while Stiles went to his locker.

When Stiles came to the room, he saw it was bigger, and had different colored lights, along with regular ones.

Derek was shirtless, and seemed to be pacing. He stopped walking when he heard Stiles' footsteps.

"Go ahead and put on the costume, I need to see what it looks like."

Stiles nodded and headed back out behind the stage to change. He grimaced as he looked at the thong, and tried to ignore the fact that Derek was going to see him in this in a few minutes.

He slowly put on the tanktop, then the pants and jacket, which he left unzipped.

Walking back in, Derek sort of looked at Stiles, then shook his head.

"Take the jacket off." Stiles shrugged in off, and threw it to the side.

"Here." Derek handed Stiles dog tags, and he out them on.

"That's good. I think I'll have you walk on with the jacket. . . No. . . Okay follow me."

Derek clearly hadn't figured this out, which Stiles found slightly annoying. They both went to the stage, and Derek nodded to himself.

"I just haven't figured out the small things, but, the lights will be off, you'll be on stage. The lights will come on,"
Derek walked back, "and I'll walk on, commanding you to take your jacket off, because you're about to be. . . Punished." Stiles shrugged off the jacket.

"Okay, from here, I'll slide off my jacket, then, I'll command you to do excersises, which you turn into something else. First, I'll want you to drop down and give me twenty, you disobey me, I'll make you drop down and crawl towards the center of the stage, but you'll stop and grind into the ground, making me really mad."

"So I'm just going to do what makes you mad?"

"For the time being. After this, I'll step over you, pull you up by your shirt. This is when things turn. I'll finally start going with what you say, and then we will dance in sinc."

"Sounds cool."

"Let's start with the beginning before we actually go into the dancing. Just. . . Improv. This should be fun." Derek smiled, before going backstage and shutting off the lights.