three

Madison walked down the stairs towards the foyer where she heard Klaus and Rebekah conversing.

"I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!" she heard Rebekah pout.

"Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot?" the hybrid smirked. "Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!"

"Okay, just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm helpless," Madison crossed her arms over her chest as she joined the siblings.

"Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the witch carrying your hybrid bun in her oven," Rebekah ignored the witch.

"The witch would like to know what the plan is."

"Well, that depends what plan you mean, love – my plan for global domination, or Rebekah's plan to find love in a cruel, cruel world?" Klaus easily caught the pencil that his little sister threw at his face.

"The plan to rescue Elijah. You know, the good brother? The one who is now in the possession of my ex-boyfriend and your mortal enemy after you stabbed him in the back?"

"In the front, if we're being specific," Klaus smirked. "And ex-boyfriend? Why didn't you tell any of us?"

"You two said that you would get him back," Madison ignored his last statement, pointing between the two siblings. "So is there a plan, or what?"

"Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy – he's my friend."

"Albeit one who is unaware that you're trying to sabotage his hold over the supernatural community of the French Quarter," Madison muttered.

"And secondly, I daggered Elijah in order to gain Marcel's trust. If I had known he would place my brother in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly," he gestured for Rebekah to continue. "Sister, please."

"And thirdly, the plan, as you have demanded, is for Niklaus to simply ask Marcel for Elijah back."

Madison began to laugh at the originals words, thinking that she was joking, "Wait, that's... that's not the whole plan, is it?"

"Please!" she scoffed. "Klaus may be a miserable excuse for a sibling, but there is none more diabolical."

"And that's only the Plan A, love! There's always a Plan B," Madison and Klaus locked eyes.

"And what's Plan B?"

Klaus began to grin, "War."

-

Klaus hung up the phone and turned to Josh who was attempting the drain the last vampire from the previous night of his blood.

"I ordered you to drain him of blood. What's taking so long?" the hybrid demanded.

Sorry. I'm not, like, medieval-torture-expert-guy," Josh replied anxiously as Madison entered the basement.

"I heard the word torture," the blonde smirked, taking the pitchfork and impaling the vampire who groaned in pain.

"What did he do to you, anyway?"

"It's not about what he did. It's about what he's going to do when we're done here, which is whatever I want him to, just like you. For example," Klaus removed the pitchfork from the vampire and handed it to Josh before he began to compel him. "Drive this through his torso."

Immediately obeying, Josh did as he was told with a horrified look on his face.

"That is crazy. I didn't want to do it, but I did it anyway."