thirteen

"I can't believe you're going to church," Madison began, pulling the lid off a tube of red lipstick. "The last time you went was probably when Jesus was still around."

"Actually," Klaus stepped out of the shower, a towel wrapped loosely around his waist, "Jesus died a long time before I was even born."

"The church lied about when he was born, they probably lied about when he died too," she leant against the sink with a flirtatious smile. "Or maybe, they lied about his existence all together."

"You know, over the course of my very long life, I have learnt that you can't destroy someone's faith," Klaus turned towards her and placed his hands on her hips, her baby bump stopping them from moving closer. "And maybe the church did make it all up, or maybe it all really happened, but either way it doesn't stop anyone from having faith."

"You're wrong," Madison wrapped her arms around his neck, reaching up and lowering her voice into a whisper, "you can take away someone's faith. It's not easy, but it is possible."

The Supreme turned his head towards her with her thin fingers, quickly pecking his pink lips. She pulled away from him, smirking at the lipstick she had left on his lips.

-

Hayley entered the study where Madison flicked through a grimoire, only half listening to the conversation happening around her until her sister joined.

"I have a theory about who one of them could be. Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste," Hayley shrugged. "She was warning us that a great evil is coming."

"I have been saying that for so long and no one gave it any thought," Madison frowned.

"First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores, now your murdered lover is back," Klaus glanced over at his brother. "This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us."

"Great, because we didn't have enough to deal with," the Supreme rolled her eyes.

-

"I thought I was gonna have to drag you two to the plantation kicking and screaming," Rebekah smirked as she, Hayley, and Madison walked towards the front porch of the plantation house.

"Yeah, well, we all just wanna protect me and the baby, right?"

Rebekah raised her eyebrows in disbelief, "Hey, I'm on your side, remember? So, what gives?"

"Tonight's a full moon, Rebekah," Hayley sighed.

"So what? You've never killed anyone, you can't turn."

"Yes, but we wanted to invite a few people over..." Madison trailed off.

"Of course. Every red-blooded American werewolf will be a bundle of fur and sharp teeth tonight, whilst your cursed Crescent Clan will be – "

"Human," Hayley cut her off, "but only for a few hours, and won't be again until the next full moon. So I asked Josh to get a message out to Eve in the Bayou."

"Josh isn't dead yet? Well good on him. I love a nice survival story." They watched a man wheel a dolly out of the house. "Who the bloody hell is that?"

"Kegs out back, alright?" Madison called to the man.

"Yup."

The witch cleared her throat awkwardly, rubbing the back of her neck his her hand as she turned back to face Rebekah.

"Right. It appears you weren't gonna wait for me to grant you permission to throw a kegger," the Original teased.

"Listen, you all want me safe? Fine. I'll do as I'm told. I'll play damsel in the glass tower." The Supreme shrugged. "But tonight's the one night a month that Hayley can meet her family. Now, you could rat us out and send us to our rooms, or you could help us to throw one hell of a party."