eleven

Madison sat on the sofa, examining her painted black nails while Klaus and Elijah discussed their current situation.

"The Italians call them strega. The Yoruba of West Africa call them aje, meaning mother. Where my mother was from, they called them häxa, and here we call them witch. Over the centuries, vampires have fought them and fought beside them, bedded them and burned them," Elijah spoke, flipping through an old book. "Whether adversary or ally, they have been a force to be reckoned with. Their ancestral magic anchors this city. There's never been one all-powerful witch until Davina."

"Supreme sitting right here," Madison waved her hand in front of his face. "And why are telling the history of witches to a witch?"

"Besides the Supreme," Elijah corrected himself, ignoring her last comment.

"Davina is now tucked in safe and sound down the hall under my protection," Klaus interrupted. "Your Celeste was quite beautiful and a portent of evil, according to our volatile artist in residence."

"Yes. Perhaps Davina's mistaken what she calls evil for power. Celeste was certainly very powerful in her day, but she's been dead for over two hundred years. I don't understand."

"You know, you guys are kind of stupid." The two Originals looked at her with surprise. "I was dead and I came back. What if Celeste did the same thing?"

"If she were alive we would know about it," the older Original waved the idea off. "But why all these sketches now?"

"Why does any witch do anything?" Klaus rolled his eyes.

"Again, right here."

Even without supernatural hearing, Marcel and Davina's argument could be heard downstairs where the two vampires and witch had gathered.

"Well, that's going well," Klaus smirked as he and made themselves drinks at the bar.

Madison pouted as she watched the brothers drink, wishing she wasn't pregnant so that she could.

"If you were trying to win the girl's trust, perhaps poisoning her one true love was not the most splendid idea," the older Mikaelson sipped at his drink.

"Oh. Are there any more inopportune deaths you'd like to wave in my face?"

Elijah and Madison shared a look before the vampire answered sarcastically, "Give us a month. We'll get you list."

"Young, old, dead, or alive, witches are a pain in the ass."

"Yeah, I'm sure that's what you were thinking when we were having sex." Klaus winked at her and she chuckled.

Her laughter stopped when the bickering upstairs stopped and panic broke out. She stood to check it out but Klaus held out his hand to stop her, going to see what the ruckus was about instead.

"Elijah?" Madison bit her lip and turned towards him. "There's something you need to know."

She opened her mouth to continue but the house began to shake. The pair made their way to the balcony that overlooked the courtyard where Rebekah stood in confusion.

"What the hell is going on?" The blonde Original question.

"Davina," Klaus and Madison spoke in unison.

-

Klaus, Elijah, Marcel, and Madison gathered in the living room, trying to decide what to do about Davina and her fast deterioration.

"This is madness. How can a 16-year-old girl shake the entire French quarter?" Klaus furrowed his brow.

"I've seen her rock the church, but I've never seen anything like this."