Born to die

I gave dad his papers before turning around, walking away from the ring were the two started training again. On one wall were standing trophies, and curious as I was, I made my way to them.
I stood there, reading all the dates and names on each cup and medal. The club must exist since a long time because some cups were from 1960s, making me pretty impressed. Most recents one were from this year, and were won by a man named Alexander Melins for most of them. He must be impressive to get so many gold, someone with a bright future in boxing.

I walked through the area, going passed the two man pushing bags. One were around fifty, jumping around the bag like a kangaroo, hitting it up lightly.
The other were in his early twenties, hardly hitting the bag in front of him. It must be his fault if the neons were moving as they were, it seems like he were letting frustration and anger out on that bag. My only thought at the moment were that I rather see him hit that bag and not me.

I went back home, alone once again. Dad would probably arrived around ten and mum eleven, I knew I had plenty of time. Sad thing, the big apartment was all new, and I didn't really felt at home yet. I needed time to feel comfortable, and make myself at home.

However, I had to admit my parents made it really nice and cozy, with pastels colours. Dinning room was beige nude, the living room in orange and brown, and the kitchen were light blue. Everything looked almost perfect, but you could see people were living here, this apartment somehow had a soul. I felt welcomed at the first step I took in, but even with that, I still wasn't used to it after a week. It would probably get better once school would have stated and that my life would be settled.
For the moment, I was mostly visiting London, knowing way to well that once I would be settle, I wouldn't have the time or the idea to visit London. It wouldn't be a new beautiful city, it would be my city.

I laid on my bed, thinking about what I left back to my small town. We used to live in a town where everyone knew everything about each other's and where nothing never happened. The most exciting thing happening were the party the unique association were throwing every years in honour of the town. During this party, a diner was served and dance was an obligation.
It was my favourite part of the year, and me and my friends were expecting it with excitement. We were all going to the small high school of the town, counting approximately 900 people.

I missed my friends as well, we used to have a lot of fun together, and we knew each other well since we grew up together. We were a group of six, four boys and two girls, always together and calling ourselves "the big band". We used to love giving names to everything, and laugh for hours sitting in the coffee shop of the city, making fun of everything and everyone.
I knew London school would be different, but I wasn't afraid. I was rather calm and a good listener, but I had humour which would help. I was strong enough to handle the changes I was going through, and my parents were counting on me to do so.

While thinking about that, I felt asleep, waking up the next morning. I was still dressed up in my clothes from yesterday, and must have slept in a wrong position since my neck was hurting me. I jumped on my feet, taking clothes before heading to the bathroom. I took a long cold shower, just like I loved, enjoying the freezing water running down my skin.
Only a cold shower could wake me up in the morning, it was something I probably couldn't live without.

Today would be Pretty chill day since all I had to do were buy my school books at the bookstore and subscribe at the gym. I didn't told my father, but I knew he would appreciate that.

I got dressed, grabbing a liquid yogurt to drink on my way to the bookstore. We had the luck to live near the middle of the city, near the shops, and nice stuffs. Even more luck, we had a Starbucks two road away, and I would probably stop by every morning before school. I went by it before going to grab my books, taking a caramel macchiato, one of my favourite, before going to the bookstore.

Entering the bookshop, I scanned the place. I was a nice room, made of wood from the ground to the ceiling. It looked old, but really warm and I felt immediately comfortable. An old man in his late seventies came to me, offering me help. He then started to show me around, telling me the story of the place, not letting me tell him what I came for.
He was so nice and sweet that I didn't had the heart to stop him and I listened to him for more than a hour. He told me a lot about his family, his grandsons and granddaughters that he really seemed to care about. He was kindhearted and nice, I could see it clearly, and he loved his store. We talked for a while before I finally Asked for my books and left, but not without giving him my word that I would come back and talk to him again.

When I finally came out of the shop, my books in a bag, it was lunchtime. I was literally starving and so I went to a restaurant, eating a plate. For once, mum didn't forgot to leave a little money for me to eat today, which was rare. Once I was done, I walked to the gym, recognising the area around the apartment. I was getting used to walk on the street as well, enjoying the population on the sidewalk. I really were enjoying London even more each time.

————————

Hey yo!!!!!!
Sup?
Enjoyed it? Let me know ;)
Love X