Waking up from the nightmare

I slowly opened my eyes, my body hurting as hell. I was feeling better than before I slept, but it was still hard. I had not idea what time it was, but I must have slept a long time, I could feel it in my body.
I tried to take a deep breath, but ended up coughing to death, hurting myself even more.

I slowly stood up, feeling dizzy. I wanted to throw up and had to focus on my feet in font of me to forget about the feeling. I wasn't at home and I didn't wanted to throw up on Alexander's couch.
I slowly made my way toward the kitchen where a clock informed me that it was around three pm. And my phone on the edge of the table told me it was Thursday, meaning that I slept for a whole day, and even more.
How was it even possible to sleep a whole day? But after that much time sleeping, my body was waking up and needed more than just sleep.

I was thirsty, and hungry, so I decided to look after food, starting with the fridge. I had to admit it was pretty empty, only filed with eggs, chicken and orange juice. It was the typical sportsman fridge, full of proteins, and empty of fat.

Scramble eggs would do, I was too hungry to look too closely at what I was eating.
I looked for a pan to cook them, but doing it slowly as my body couldn't do anything like I wanted. I was literally feeling like they were still here punching me.

I noticed the pan in one of the cupboard on the wall, but my arms were too painful to hold them. As I was about to take a chair to get it, a long muscular arm grabbed it for me, putting it on the countertop.
Turning around, my eyes met his hazel one, and he looked me with attention like if I was about to faint.

- Sleeping beauty is finally up? He asked. How ya doing?

- I guess I'm fine in regard of what happened to me, I said in a raspy voice.

- Hum... I love your morning voice, he commented.

I ignored him, putting the pan on the fire and putting eggs on it, enough for the both of us, in case he was hungry as well.
He took a sit on one of the chairs, looking at me carefully as I was struggling with my eggs. I usually were a good cooker, but my arms decided against it today, and I couldn't blame them.

I started looking for the plates and forks when he told me where they were,I settled the table before pouring the now cooked eggs on both plates.
I took a sit in front of him and started eating silently, enjoying the taste of the food in my mouths. Him, on the other hand, seemed unable to contain himself anymore and asked me all the questions burning his lips.

- What happened? Did you owned them money or something?

I didn't said a thing, slowly chewing my meal, enjoying its simplicity. Now that I almost died, I was enjoying every single thing I could, I was almost crazy. But I was doing thing I thought I would never do anymore, and I was embracing it. The fact that I was ignoring him seemed to bother him, and I discovered that he wasn't really patient.

- Answer me! He said firmly after a few minutes of silent.

- I don't own them anything, I simply said.

- Them why? He asked in disbelief.

- Because I ran away, I said attempting to shrug without success.

He was looking straight into my eyes to see if I was telling the truth or not. I didn't care looking in his eyes, because I wasn't hiding anything. What they did was free violence, and I didn't do anything to stop them.
We stayed like that for a while, starring at each other in silent, before he finally sight and returned to his plate. I kept starring at him for a few seconds before doing the same him. Once I was done with my plate, I went back to the couch and got changed, putting my sport clothes on, as they were in my bag, under the box of food.

- I sent a text to your parents, he said from behind me. I told them you were sleeping at a friends place for two nights for some biology project.

I nodded and kept doing my thing. Now that I was fully awake, and that I had been moving for a while, my muscles were stretching and it was less hurtful. I was happy that I was slightly better, and I was hoping I would recover fast. Once I was done changing my clothes, I took my bag and folded the blanket before turning toward him.

- Thank you for saving me and taking me here, and whatever you've done for me, I said honestly. I guess I own you one now.

- You're guessing well, he commented. But we'll see that later, once you'll be all recovered.

- Yeah, later, I said without knowing what else to say.

An awkward silence fell on us, and I squirmed uncomfortable. At this exact moment, I must look like a little girl, but I didn't care. My body was hurting me, I was feeling dizzy once again and I was tired, all I wanted was to go home. Standing awkwardly in front of a douchebag who saved my life was the last thing I wanted to do.

- I guess I'll go then, I said walking to the door.

He took a step toward me, making me look toward him while frowning. He took the step back, probably realising he made a movement to come to me.
This guy was always alone, and completely ignored people who were talking to him, even his girlfriend. He never talked to her, never hug her back or held her hand. He was just standing in the parking lot, waiting in silent.
And yet, just a few seconds before, he made a move toward me. It wasn't much, but seeing the surprise and the little fear on his face, it was already huge for him.

I turned around, pulling the door open and stepping out. I mumbled one last thanks before leaving the building, slowly walking home.
I could see the look of people on me, and I guess my face had injuries, but I would see this back home.
For right now, they could think and say whatever they wanted, I was way too pained and exhausted to care. Once I was back home, I went straight to bed and slept like my life depended on it.

____________
I'm not proud of this one....
Tell me what you think please
Love X