Win or lose

The first round was still going one, it was longer than in regular fights.
Every now and then, Alexander's opponent were cockily glancing at me, teasing both Alexander and I. It was driving me crazy, and I was having a hard time containing myself not to jump on the stage and punch him in the nose.

Without knowing why, I was worried about Alexander, because even if he was a good fighter, street fighting was completely different. The rules were only: do not were weapon, knife, rings or shoes.
Every punches, even the naughtiest were authorised, and human body was way more fragile that we could imagine. One punch in a weak part of the body and you would be dead within seconds.

The opponent, Pedro, was even more confident that Alexander, and I hated that. I was only wishing it could drive him to his lost, because I found in him someone I hated more than I hated Alexander. And one thing was sure, Pedro deserved to be taught a good lesson he would remember and I was pretty sure, that the shame he would feel by losing this fight and bet, would be enough to make sure he wouldn't do it again any time soon.

As I thought when I bet with the bookmaker, Alexander were faster than Pedro, and a little stronger, but his anger were making him do some mistakes. His opponent apparently knew what he was doing before the fight started. That bet were disturbing Him and he didn't focused completely on the fight, probably brooding his thoughts too much.
But even with this weakness, they were at the same level, and it proved me that I was right when I thought that Alexander were the best of them.

He had a few injuries on his face, but nothing to worry about, and his opponent had the same kind of cuts as well. And they were still fighting with the same ardour they had at the beginning of the match.
However, at some point, the round ended, and without thinking twice, I ran toward Alexander's side where he was sitting on a stool. He saw me coming and slightly turned his body toward me. 
Making myself at home, I jumped onto the ring, helping myself with the strings before crouching down in front of him to look at him in the eyes.

He was surprised and taken aback by my actions but I didn't care, I needed to speak up my mind, and he was the one I wanted to listen to it.

- YOU! I screamed angrily at him. You just bet on me like a mere tool! So first of, I am not an OBJECT! And second, you better win, because there is no way in hell that I would stand near that d*ck-head on the other side of the ring!

Once his surprise were gone, a smile grew wildly on his face. For the first time I could se a real true smile on his face, and it was my turn to be stunned. I would have never thought that his smile could be so attractive and beautiful. I would have slapped myself for thinking this if I wasn't frozen in spot because of that smile.
It was the amused and confident kind of smile, not the sort that I would usually appreciate, but at least it matched his personality.

- If that's what you wish sleeping beauty, I'll knock him down for you, he said sweetly. But not for free.

- What do you mean? I asked lost.

- If I win, you'll go on a date with me, he said over confident.

- I won't go on a date, with you or with him, I stated.

- And what if that date also count as pay back for the one you own me when I saved you? He asked his tone letting me know that I had no choice.

- What if I refuse? I asked defying.

- Then I'll lose, and you'll have to deal with the d*ck-head as you call him, he said quoting the nickname with his hands. And I will tell your father about the fight, and the ditching school.

I was stuck, and he knew it. I had no choice but to agree with his stupid deal. Because who knew what would happen otherwise.
What if my dad knew I got beaten up to almost death. And what if the so called Pedro tried to rap me or something, what if I had to fight with him and stopped my grief.
I had to admit that this guy knew how to handle me, and how to turn things in his favour. He knew me better than I thought, and he knew my weaknesses way to well to my my taste.

- Alright, I'm ok for the date, I said firmly, looking straight into him eyes with confidence. But you better beat him up! Because if he won... I promise you he won't have the time to kill you, coz I'll do it before.. with my bare hands.

- Alright princess, I got the message, he said smiling once again.

I froze once again, starring at his face, and he starred back without saying a thing. Without knowing why, I held my hand, lightly touching the cut of his forehead.
He closed his eyes for a second before the the bell rang, signalling us the fight was starting again. I quickly took my hand off and jumped off the ring, going back with my friends. Jimmy and Ash immediately screamed at me like little girls in front of the kissing scene of a movie.

I rolled my eyes at there reaction and turned to the fight. Every punch Alexander received felt like I received it as well, and I could feel my heart rucking with excitement every time he gave one.
I could see his hands bleeding, and bruises would probably be all over his upper body tomorrow. But for the moment I didn't care about that, I just wanted to see him win, and be sure that he would be alright. I didn't knew why, but I wanted him to be alright.

_________________
Hey ho!!
Liked it?
I really appreciate that you're reading my story! Thanks :)
Love X