New life, better life?

The next week, I went to school, I acted like nothing happened in my life. I got in trouble for the day I missed sleeping at Alexander's place after my beat up, getting two hours of detention.
I didn't told my father, because he already had a lot of trouble in his life to add another worry. He had to deal with the separation from my mother, and I didn't wanted him to worry every time I would walk on the street or that I would go to school wondering if I would ditch.

Every morning, when I came out of our flat around half past seven, I would see Alexander, already punching a bag or running on a treadmill. The first couple of times, he gave me an awkward look, but he stopped as he saw that I wouldn't say a thing about it. I just walked out, nodding in his direction as a silent "hello" before going to school.
Rick were the only one who knew why we were actually living at the gym, and he was being really understanding. He was so kind and helpful that we considered him as a member of the family. He was like an new uncle to me, and it was nice to see someone was helping us with what we were going through.

We didn't had much money, and pasta became almost our only meal for the end of the month, and even the beginning of the new one. I didn't knew how I could help my father to get more money, but I would probably look for a job.
A month passed, and nothing changed much since we left my mother. I didn't saw her ever since as I always refused, even ignoring her calls.

The only happy part of my life was whenever I was with my friends who changed my mind from all my problems. For the first time in my life, I was happy to go to school, because for a few hours, I would only be a regular teenager.
Alexander didn't came at the end of school anymore, letting me guess he broke up with Brittany for good.

It was Friday, and I was exiting of the biology building, listening to a begin Ash. She were loudly trying to convince me not to let her down on a new idea that came up to hers and Jimmy's mind.

- Cmon Shay, it will be nothing but fun, she tried once again. And your father is a boxing coach, you must know a lot about fight, you could help us there!

- How could I help you there? I asked in a stern tone. You want to drag me to an illegal street fight! The only thing I'll be able to tell you will be who won at the end of the fight, and you know why? Because the other one will probably be dead!

- Stop being such a drama queen, she complained. Plus, it one of the rare place we want to go and you can come since it's free entrance! And because your a boxing expert, you could bet on the one who will win and you could get money! You could help your father pay the bills at the end of the month.

- Seriously A, I asked in disbelief. You want me to come so badly that your playing the money card to change my mind?

A guilty look took over her face before she brushed it away and looked at me with puppy eyes.

- I'm doing it for you, she said like she was offering me the best gift of the world. You won't regret it, I promise.

- fine! I gave up, agreeing once again on one of her dumb idea of having fun.

- great! You're doing the right choice, she said happily. I'll get you at the gym at nine.

I told my three friends a week ago that I didn't had lot of money, without giving the reason why, and they had been supportive ever since. What I were most afraid of, was that they would ask too many questions about it, but they had the delicacy to respect my privacy, which I really appreciate.

And so, at nine, I was standing in front of the gym, trying to warm up in the cold air of November. Once again, Ash were late, and even if I knew she would be, I came out on time. Why did I had to leave in such a cold country? Why didn't moved in Ibiza or something like that?
After ten minutes, my friend finally showed up, she was in a car with the guy from the night club, his name was Jerry or Terry... Something like that. Jimmy was at the back of the car, and he opened the door for me to come in, which I did.

The drive went well, Ashley's boyfriend were pretty nice, even if he seemed a little too confident to me. He stopped the car after a while and came out as we did. A few other cars were there, but it seemed like they weren't a lot of people.
I instantly changed my mind at the moment we stepped inside the hangar, a loud rap music were playing, and a huge crowd were shouting. A fight were already on, but probably almost done as one of them was completely exhausted and look on the edges of fainting.

It was the exact cliche you could imagine about a street fight. People everywhere, buying all sort of drugs, or drunk as hell. They were all high, and adrenaline were rushing through their veins because of the fight in front of them. It was insane, but at the same time, I could understand why they were reacting that way.
However, the four of us looked like mouses at a cat's party, and I could see I wasn't the only one thinking this as Ash looked more pale.

- Still thinking it'll be fun? I asked her mockingly.

- Yes! Of course! She replied, too proud to admit she was afraid.

She made her way toward the ring, and we had no choice but to follow her, we had to stick together.

____________
Hellooooooo
What do you think?
Love love X