Chapter 1 (Pic of Cat)

Cat

I open my eyes and the first thing I see is a chocolate, brown gaze locked on mine. My palms sweat and I wipe them on my jeans.

"Catherine," My English teacher, Mrs. Harper, calls.

"It's Catherina." I snap in annoyance and tear my eyes from Luka.

"Would you like to answer or would you like me to?" She glares at me.

"If looks could kill," I whisper and glance at Eric, my best friend for help. He points to a page in the textbook.

"Uh, Shakespeare?" I ask.

"Wrong, Edgar Allen Poe." She says sourly and turns to the blackboard.

I sigh in relief and turn my attention back to Luka. He grins and winks. The bell rings and I wince. Second hour is the worst.

"Boo." Something tugs at my hair and I jump, knocking a book off my desk.

"God, Luka, I almost pissed my pants." I smack his chest and reach for my book. Luka passes it to me and grins.

"Sorry for frightening you, scaredy cat." He chuckles and throws his arm around me.

"Laugh it up. You know, that nickname is getting on my nerves." I say as he opens the door for me.

"C'mon, it's your signature." He says.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I ask as I dig through my purse.

"It means you're always jumpy around everybody. What's up with that anyways?" We stop in front of my locker.

"Am not, and you never can trust anybody. I mean, I have no idea what people are thinking, you know?" I find my lip gloss and look into the mirror on my locker door to put some on.

He rolls his eyes and moves a lock of my hair behind my ear.

I finish putting my makeup on and grab my math book. He grabs my face and kisses me.

"God, are you trying to get slapped? I just fixed my face!" I snap once I could pull away.

"Maybe." He leans down and kisses me again.

I sigh against his lips and push him off.

"Seriously we're gonna get in trouble."

"Couldn't help myself." He grins.

I shake my head, pull Luka into the auditorium for drama class, and pick some seats in the back row.

"That's better." He sighs and wraps his arm around me.

"Attention." Professor Michaels says into the mic.

"Oh good Lord, he's gorgeous." I whisper.

"Excuse me? The only one who should be called gorgeous is me, I mean look at me." He smiles.

"Look, you're no Orlando Bloom." I giggle. He rolls his eyes and pokes me in my ribs.

"Eeek! Stop!" I squeal.

"That's right. Who's your daddy?" He just loves screwing with me. Jerk off.

"Oh shut up." I push his hands away.

"Make me." He growls playfully.

"I just did." I smirk.

"There's going to be a guest actor this month. He will pick the play and the participants. Please give a big welcome to Alek Belikov."

There are feminine gasps throughout the auditorium as the most gorgeous man I've ever seen, walks across the stage.

"Da, I am Alek. Privet. Hello. I am sorry. I am not yet used to speaking only in English. I forget that many of you do not understand me." He has a thick Russian accent.