Chapter 5 (Pic of Gen)

Cat

I shiver beneath my covers wishing Alek would get here soon. I can’t stand the silence. I need voices, breathing. The silence makes it seem like Eric really is gone. I need Eric, I whimper. It seems like the little noise echoes throughout the large room.

I hear footsteps, it sounds like they’re walking down the hall, towards my room. Gosh, I hope it’s Alek. I couldn’t handle Luka showing up. Especially since he… killed Eric. I flinch at the last thought.

“Hey, krasivyy, beautiful.” Alek slides into bed next to me and wraps his arms around my waist from behind.

“Thank you.” I whisper.

“For what?” he asks.

“Being here for me. Not letting me be alone.”

“YA nikogda ne ostavit vas moy pomoshchnik.” Alek whispered and pulled me tighter.

“What does that mean?” I asked, curious.

“It means ‘I will never leave you.’” He murmured something else after that I didn’t catch. I let it go and fell asleep, my back pressed to his chest.

Alek

“It means, ‘I will never leave you, my mate.’” I whispered the last part, hoping that she wouldn’t hear. I cannot lie to her. Not when she trusts me so much. I need to tell her. About me and my family. She’s been through so much already. I just hope she will understand. I close my eyes, listening to her steady breathing.

Genny

I stand in the kitchen, touching my lips from Alejandro’s kiss. He was really good at it. When I began to cry, explaining how worried I am about my little sister, he pulled me close. And when he leaned over to kiss me, I didn’t stop him. I don’t really know why. I mean I am married. Oh, shit. I’m married. I just cheated on Jack.

The realization made me flip out and I ran to Cat’s bedroom to tell her. I opened the door and peeked in to see Alek and her curled up together, sleeping like babies. Awe. I’m so glad she has someone to take care of her, when I’m not able to. There is no one in the world that I love more than Cat. I would do anything, hell, I’d even die for her. Of course I don’t want to but, a world without Cat? I’d rather die than know I could’ve done something to keep her safe.

I sigh and decide to sleep in on the couch since Alek’s taken mine. I look at the clock and see that it’s 5 in the morning. Gosh, I need to sleep. I curl up under the covers and stare at the ceiling, thinking about Alejandro. What the freak am I gonna do about him?

Alejandro

I have to admit, the Genevieve girl knows her way around a man’s kiss. I think, sitting in my bed, trying to read a book. I think I might keep this one. Of course I would have to get rid of whoever she belongs to.  A girl like that can never be free. She is very beautiful. Da, I will keep her. She will be mine.

Luka

Damn, I miss Cat. I shouldn’t have treated her that way. You could definitely say I regret it. But she wouldn’t listen. She deserved it. If she would have just obeyed, I wouldn’t have had to hurt the dumb bitch.

I love her.  I really do. She’s mine. And if a vampire wants something, they always get it.