When Love meets Destruction (A Klaus Mikaelson love story)

"It'll do." I sigh looking around the apartment. It was small and shabby. It was a studio, all I could afford, and it was old. For all I knew the stain on the carpet could be 100 year old blood. Then again it could be a puke stain from the drunks who used to occupy this apartment. 

I let my bag slide down my arm to the floor and head over to the bathroom. Looking inside I saw that it was simple and cramped. Surprisingly, the tub looked relitively new as it was clean and unstained. Turning back to the room I smiled slightly. The best part was definitely the kitchen area. It had nice, sleek counters and a peninsula seperating it from the rest of the room. The appliances seemed fairly new as well.

The smile slipped away as soon as it had appeared. It would be a long day of unpacking. After all I was all alone. Then again I always seemed to be alone since my parents were killed. But that didn't mean it would make it any easier to haul all my furnurture up here.

Five hours and 89 songs later I was done. Sliding my iPod into my back pocket I looked around. It was still small but it actually looked kind of nice. With my L-shaped desk in one corner and my large bookshelf/CD rack in the other, and my Fairly nice Tv sitting atop a small black coffee table that rested against the far right wall, across from my Double Bed it actually seemed larger than it was. I had even been able to fit my favorite old and sucken in recliner in, sitting it ontop of the rug i had used to cover the mystery stain, and a second coffee table, this one actually used for its intended purpose, sitting infront of it. It wasn't the most stylish of apartments but it still didn't look horrible. 

Glancing at the clock I saw that I was late. My cousin, Elena, had told me to meet her at the Mystic Grill at 7. It was 7:03 right now. I sighed. I already knew her, Caroline, and Bonnie from past summers but she would be introducing me to others tonight. Of course she would make it her mission to find me friends in Mystic Falls, the small town I had just moved into to get away from the fostor agency that had placed me with a psycho who tried to stab me. I left as soon as I became of age. I wasn't sure I liked the idea of making friends right now, I was so used to being alone lately.

Regardless of what I wanted though, I grabbed my jacket and purse and walked downstairs to the long garage that renters were aloud to use. But I didn't go for a car, I just grabbed the sleek bike resting against the wall and took off the lock. If I can't afford a cell phone, I most definitely couldn't afford a car.

As I climbed onto the bike, I thought of how careless my parents were. They had no will, didn't use a bank, nothing. I got nothing. I had only been able to grab $8,000 from our stash before I had to run from the killer that had broken into our home. It sounded like alot but when you were 12, living alone and had no job, it dwindled fast. 

Occupied with my thoughts of how I would need to get a job soon I didn't see the car coming. A horn blared and headlights flashed as I skidded and jerked the handlebars to the left. The car just blazed by. 

"LEARN TO DRIVE!" I yelled after them, flipping them the bird. Scowling, I turn around and see that I was actually just across the street from the grill. I lock up my bike on a rack, still muttering about idiot teenage drivers when I see Bonnie standing infront of the grill.

She sees me to. "Bella!", she smiles as I reach her. 

"Hey Bonnie."

"Elena's gonna skin us if we don't get in there soon, we're both like 15 minutes late! She's so excited to introduce you to everyone." She informs me.

I sigh, "Long as I can have a drink I'm good."

She raised an eyebrow, "You're only 18."

"Not according to my ID I'm not." is all i say before I head into the bar. I see Elena sitting by Caroline, Jeremy, and two other boys. One looked vagually familiar.