Chapter 24: Trapped

Clarabella's POV

I stare at Klaus silently, not moving except for my blinking and the rise and fall of my chest at every breath. He glanced back up at me from his book, not saying anything. He looked back down but a few seconds later his eyes raised to mine again. Something was up with him.

Ever since two days ago, when I told him I would kill him, he's been even more on edge. I mean, I can understand why of course, but that didn't mean I liked it. Then again how would he know I didn't like him being uncomfortable? I'd told him I would kill him and I've been a walking vegtable for almost two weeks. At least, that's what they think.

I was still here. I could think and see things around me, I wanted to talk to him, I wanted to control myself, I did not want to just sit here, feeling extremely and completely empty. But I had to. I couldn't control it, I was trapped. Literally.

I focused, trying to move my hand. I'd been trying to get to control my own body for the past hour. Usually I could walk around aimlessly, but today I'd been having alot of trouble. The voice in my head hadn't returned, but I knew they were watching.

I still couldn't determine if the voice that had been whispering in my head was male or female, it was as if it was both yet neither. There was no distinction in it at all and if I could shiver, it would make me do just that.

I smiled, not physically of course, as my fingers twitched. I was making progress. Next I tried to actually smile. After about 5 minutes of trying, I let it go.

"You stupid little bitch."

My head turned up to look infront of me. I started shaking. It was them. 

My Parents.

"You killed us! It's all your fault that we're dead. How could you do that!?" My mother demands, tears streaming down her face, "We had so much to live for..."

"You disgust me." My father scowled, "You don't deserve to live...you didn't let us...so now I won't let you."

He dove forward and wrapped his arms around my throat, squeezing.

"NO!!!" I scream, struggling to push him off, tears streaming down my face as my mother began to attack me as well. I fought them, thrashing wildly and screaming for them to stop. This was the only time when I could control myself. When I was being tortured.

"IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO LIVE!"

"Sweetheart, it's alright. Nothing is there. Forget."

Suddenly I'm staring at Klaus. I blink at him, confused. How did he just get infront of me? Why was he looking at me like that?

He sighed and stood up straight before going back to his seat and picking up his book.

No...sit with me, stay please. Don't. I want to say this but I can't, merely stare after him. I blink at him several times. He glances at me before going back to reading.

The longing for his touch replaces my confusion at why he had stood in front of me so suddenly and I went back to trying to move my fingers, wanting to distract myself.

__________________________________________________________________________

I stare at the sandwich longingly, my mouth watering as I looked down at it. I hadn't eating for two days and I was starving. I wanted to eat it so badly.

"You don't need it. Stop staring at it. Get up, go upstairs. Now." 

The voice was back. I followed it's orders, having no choice. Klaus and Elijah's eyes followed me as I stood up and walked out of the dining room, leaving them, and my untouched food, behind.

I walked upstairs and walked into the bedroom Klaus had given me for while I was "sick". I sat on the bed and stared at the wall. The clock on the wall was ticking. Unable to move, I began to count the ticks to see how long I would be sitting here. It was something I had started doing a few days ago.

*73 Minutes Later*

Klaus walked into the room and saw me sitting on the bed, staring ahead blankly. He walked over and took my hands, helping me stand up. I stood there silently as he pulled the covers of the bed away and then lay me down. He kicked off his shoes and crawled in next to me, wrapping his arms tightly around me and burying his face in my hair.

I felt immediate relief at his touch and wished I could move, to touch him back. I had missed this, missed the contact with him, the surging of burning nerves everytime he touched me. 

"I love you." he whispered into my hair.

I love you too.

"I swear that I'm going to make you better...I'm not sure how to just yet, but I'm working on it. I swear. I'll bring you back Clara." 

I'm right here Niklaus...I haven't left you, I never will. 

"I'm going to talk to the Bennett witch tomorrow, I think that she may be able to help."

Bonnie? I hope she can...I'm scared.

He rubbbed his hand up and down my arm before he clasped my hand in his and started to play with my fingers. "I wish you'd eat something sweetheart..."

I wish I could.

"If you don't, I'll have to compell you to again...I hate doing it..." he sighed then kissed my head, "I went to the Salvatore's today, your cousin was there. I still haven't told her what's happening, She thinks you're in New York with Rebekah." 

She's going to freak when she hears...I don't want her to know, but there's no doubt Bonnie will tell her after she finds out.

"I wouldn't tell her if not for the Bennet witch's inability to keep a secret....so I'll speak to her as well."

It's silent for a couple of minutes and I get worried. 

Please don't stop talking to me....I need this. I'm so tired of the silence.

He starts talking again just then and I feel relief shoot through me, "I was walking down the road and there was a shake-up stand...made me think of our first date..."

You better have gotten a Stawberry one for me...

"I bought one. Strawberry. Figured you would've liked that." I smile on the inside. 

His hand squeezes mine slightly and I focus really hard, trying to squeeze his back. It takes about 30 seconds but then I succeed. I cheer for myself on the inside.

He shoots up, and is now leaning over me instead of lying next to me. He studies my face, hope in his eyes. Doubt begins to cloud them as he obviously starts to question if he had imagined me returning the pressure on his hand. I simply blink up at him, wishing I could scream out about how I'm still in here.

His hand is still on mine and I try as hard as I can. I feel the dark emptiness clouding me as the entity began to overcome me. This always happened when the 'voice' was with me. I focused harder than I had ever focused on anything and managed to break through to twitch my hang against his. A grin spread across his handsome face.

As he realized that I really had reacted to him, a burnin pain started to envelope my head. It wasn't the same thing as when the ghosts of my pasts came to torture me, this time I couldn't move, I couldn't scream. There was nothing I could do to signal to Klaus that I was in pain.

I blink up at him, screaming on the inside.

I'm here Klaus...please...you have to help me. I don't want to kill you but this thing...it's controlling me. I don't know what I'll do next. Please Klaus...it hurts.....it hurts so bad. I need you.

*Short Chapter, bla bla bla, meh. Lol, hope you liked it and there'll be more out soon :)*

Love You All,

Julia