Chapter Ten

*THIRD PERSON POV* 

"Come in."

As soon as those words reach his ears Klaus speeds through the door, burning to destroy Damon Salvatore and save his precious Clarabella.

But instead of doing any of this he stops, blown back by the force of what had just hit him. It wasn't Damon, it wasn't a piece of furniture, or a wooden stake. It didn't even have the politeness to be an object. It tortured him completely and he was so entirely weakened by something that had no physical form.

"....She is designed to make you want to kill her...." 

Klaus moaned in pain at the fire inside of him as he stared at the girl he had so quickly fallen in love with.

"....her blood is designed to make you crave it deeply..." 

He almost wanted to cry as his fangs elongated inside of him mouth, to weep just as her body was weeping the blood that was paralyzing him.

"...a single drop and you would not be able to resist..." 

As Damon noticed Klaus wasn't coming to kill him, he fled, not wanting to give up this opportunity at keeping himself alive.

"....a siren's call..." 

Every single cell in Klaus' being was screaming to feed. His hands were dripping their own blood as his nails cut deeply into his palms. The smell of her blood was so completely intoxicating that he was quickly loosing the will to resist. He wanted it so much. More than he had ever wanted anything in his thousand years of life. 

Suddenly his ears picked up on something, though how he noticed past the want that consumed him, he did not know. It was a feeble sound and happened to be growing weaker very quickly.

thump-thump...thump-thump.......thump-thuump.....

It was her heartbeat...the thing that made him smile everytime he caught sound of it, and had made him chuckle so many times to hear is speed like a hummingbirds everytime she touched him. That sound had been his favorite song since she he had lay eyes on her.....

...and he wasn't about to let that sweet music leave him forever.

He rushed towards her and bit into his arm, harder than necessary as he wasn't exactly in a position to take time, and shoved it against her still lips, urging her to feed off his blood. 

He knew that before, vampire blood hadn't worked to heal her but he honestly didn't know what to do. He would never be able to reach the hospital in time, he just had to beg to whatever unseen forces out there, that it was a fluke before when it hadn't worked. That she, his strong, sweet, wonderful Clarabella would live. She had to live.

thump-thuump..........thump-thuuump............thuuump..........................................

His eyes widened and he could feel his heart shattering as he heard no sign of hers. He didn't remove his arm from her mouth, even though he knew the wound would be healing by now. He let the last few drops of his blood find their way into her system.

Shaking, he didn't bother to keep the tears from sliding down his face as he gathered her body in his arms, holding her closely to his chest. He stared at he wall ahead of them. He rebit his arm, even though he knew it was a lost cause, and continued to force feed her his blood.

.................thuuuump.......thuuuump-thuuump.......thuump-thuump......thump-thump...thump-thump.....

He lifted his head and held her even tighter as that sound reached his ears. A small movement went along his wrist and recognized it as her mouth moving over his skin. She was swallowing the blood herself now.

He couldn't help it. He laughed. Through his tears and disbelief, he choked out a laugh of relief and kissed her hair gently. But that was a mistake.

The blood that had soaked into her hair now laced his lips and he felt like he was choking. If he didn't feed now he was going to die. That's what it felt like...like it was either drink or die. There was no way to resist the allure of the crimson liquid that was everywhere. It was absolutely, totally, and completely impossible, not a single being on earth had the will strong enough to leave this, not when the need was so strong.

When Clarabella opened her eyes...she was alone.

*A/N: WOAH! SHORTEST CHAPTER EVER I KNOW! :D haha, lol I just wanted to get that bit out...but I WILL be posting another tonight, so don't feel cheated :) I feel so bad posting a chapter that's under at least 1,000 words though...hm...oh well :P Like I said: there will be more! PLEASE COMMENT! That's one of my favorite things about this! Like....I'm seriously begging for comments, not because I like to say I have them, but because i LOVE to read them and know people are liking my story. So please, leave 'em :D*

Love you all, 

Julia