Chapter Twenty: Betrayal of the Mind

"JUST SHUT THE HELL UP!" I scream, clenching my fists tightly as I glared at him furiously. What was wrong with him!?

"How dare you order me, ME, to be quiet!? YOU STARTED THIS YOU LITTLE BITCH, NOW FINISH IT!" He roared back, fury enveloping his features.

"Fuck you." I spit, "You're nothing but a lying, backstabbing, cheating son of a bi-AH" I gasp as I'm suddenly pinned against the wall, Klaus' hand squeezing my throat as he growled, his face right in mine.

"Finish that sentence. Oh I dare you." He says and I narrow my eyes at him, trying to ignore my improper ability to breath under his hold.

"Bitch." I let out. The word was quiet but laced with plenty of attitude and venom. The next sound wasn't quite so quiet.

SMACK!

I slam to the ground, my hand shooting up to hold the side of my face. Considering I was still alive, he had definitely been holding back on that slap. I slid my tongue over my bottom lip, tasting blood.

"Yeah...and I was wrong about the son of a bitch part?" I snap sarcastically, turning to glare at Niklaus once more. Before I can stand up his hand is back on my throat, catching me under my jaw and he lifts me, slamming me down onto the floor, my back screaming protest to the painful onslaught.

He gets in my face once again, "I'm an Original...I'm THE hybrid! You're nothing but a sorry little girl who's parents were murdered...good riddance if they were anything like you. I don't need you and I sure as hell don't want you. Why do you think I had you taken away? Those video messages from William absolutely made my day..."

My eyes go wide as I look up at him, "You...you ordered that? B-but you killed them."

He rolled his eyes, "Collateral Damage sweetheart. But no, I didn't kill William...you see after we returned I made a quick stop to the abandoned house where you had been kept, healed him with my blood, and returned before you could even notice. Do you honestly think I'd kill an old friend over a sorry thing like you? Of course not...only reason you aren't still there is because I got bored of your screams."

I shake my head as much as possible with his hand still clamped down on my throat, "No...no."

"Aw, is the baby going to cry now?" he wiped away one of my tears and says, "Trust me love, I'll give you something to cry about." 

With that he dove down into my neck and I screamed as his teeth tore the flesh apart. He pulled away slightly and chuckled, whispering to me between bites.

"Wake up....Wake up Clarabella....WAKE UP."

--

"WAKE UP! Come on Clara, wake up sweetheart!"

I gasp, sitting up quickly, my hand flying to my neck. I breathed heavily looking around before jumping backwards, away from Klaus.

"Shhh...it was just a dream love." he said gently, looking concerned. I let out another long breath, running a hand through my hair as I realize that I had been sleeping. It was only a nightmare.

I nod slightly and he wraps his arms around me. Trying to control my breathing, I lean my head against his chest as he runs a soothing hand up and down my back. It's silent for a moment or two before he asks, "Do you want to talk about it?"

I shake my head and bury my face into the crook of his neck, letting his familiar scent calm me down. I pull away after a couple of minutes.

"I'm sorry...for waking you." I mumble, wiping my eyes that still had traces of tears in them.

He shook his head, "Don't be, I was already awake." He nods to an open book on the nightstand.

"What uh...What were you reading?" I ask.