Chapter 3: Yet Another Gorgon Dead

I dodged by throwing my body to the right and rolling up behind a tree. I kept the Gorgon's face behind it as best as I could. The woman must've ran and hid somewhere because she wasn't where I last saw her. I turned back around and only had a second to duck because the Gorgon had cut the tree in half and the sword was heading for my face. After moving a safe distance from her I began forming a strategy. She kept swing with her right hand where her sword was and her shield hand always stayed still. She doesn't know how to use her shield, interesting. Then there was her defense, it seemed to be lacking and had many openings as she hacked away at the trees. Perfect.

As she sliced the last tree in her way I lunged forward and buried my sword into her chest. She stopped moving and I sighed. Then she kicked me backwards into a tree. I heard a snap and a burst of pain explode in my back. I screamed and bit my lips to keep from cursing. The Gorgon smiled and ripped the sword from her chest and threw it on the ground. She always dropped her shield and walked up to me slowly.

"That's where you humans mess up at. Remember that mistake,...well never mind you won't be able to", she said smiling showing two tiny teeth. If I wasn't about to die I would've rolled over in laughter.

"I will do you a favor and just kill you. Never liked turning people to stone, Medusa made us known for that. Instead I'll just kill you", she said and pulled the sword back pass her ribs to thrust forward. I timed it carefully and when she thrusted forward I moved out the way. The sword was buried deep into the tree so I pulled the Gorgon fast and hard into the sword hilt. She gasped as I pulled her all the to my face before rolling out and picked up my sword.

"Fun fact. Perseus killed your sister by chopping of her head. Remember that when you see her in hell", I said and then swung with all my might. Her head gave away easily and fell onto the ground a few feet away. I sighed and let the pain take back over. I fell to my knees and let a cry of pain out. I must have broken my collar bone or something, I wasn't no expert in bones. I dragged myself up and used my sword to steady myself.

"Here, I got you", the woman said sliding her arm underneath my armpits and dragged me to the stream. She placed me next to it.

"My name's is Sonyahukem Le Fjer Moin. I'm dealt with broken bones before in my village", she said placing me on my back and touched my collar bone. I hissed, she mumbled something before pushing down hard onto my shoulder. I let a scream ring throughout the forest. The pain began to numb after a time and I stopped the flow of tears.

"Sonyahukem is to long of a name. I'll just call you Sonya", I mumbled trying to focus on my humor so I couldn't feel any pain. She smiled,

"You're a nice kid", she laughed and layed down on her back next to me.

"I'm only sixteen. I'm considered a man now", I stated matter of factly. She laughed,

"If you were eighteen I'll consider you a valid chose of a husband. You showed strength, honor, and helpfulness all in one day. It's rare in a person",

"And rarer in a thief", I spoke, "when I turn eighteen I'm going to find you and take you up on your offer", I smirked. She gave a light smile.

"That is of course you can't find a mate", she said calling my bluff. I shook my head.

"You need to get out of here", I said looking at her. She nodded.

"I will in the morning. But for now I need to rest. Night is coming soon and I'm tired. Goodnight...", she stopped a question on her lips.

"My name is Sayre Moska",

"Well goodnight Sayre", she said and rolled over onto her side. I felt my eye lids get droopy and a small smile on my face as I thought the gods were going to wait in the morning before they hunt me.