Chapter 6: The Twins

The soft breathing of Draea on my neck awoke me quickly. She had her arms around my neck and her leg hitched up onto my thigh. I held my breath in shock as she pulled me closer and opened her eyes. Her lips were so close to mine. It took her a good three seconds before she leaped away. I smiled and did my best to not look affected by it.

"Something wrong", I asked stretching. I still had my robes on from yesterday and the knives I had left short pings of pain in my stomach. Darius must've dozed of during his watch because he was propped up against a rock.

"No. Just got surprised", she mumbled. I shrugged and woke up Darius. He swung his arms out to my face, I dodged and waited for his awareness to kick in.

"Everything okay", he asked yawning. I nodded.

"Yeah, we better get to Ethiopia now. Gates are opening up too", I said and drunk some water then passed it around.

"Where do we look to find this man named Oderus Jokova. It's like finding a needle in a haystack", Draea asked. I sensed a tone saying that she didn't want it be be a long journey.

"We may know", a voice said. Almost instantly we had our weapons out and glared towards the voice. Before us on two horses where the twins I had saved from the jailhouse. The boy and girl didn't look like pampered royals but a type of fighters the boy held two axes in his hand with forearm bands and a dark shirt with leather pants. The girl wore something similar but held a shortbow instead.

"Easy now. We come in good faith", the boy said dismounting his horse. He sheath his weapons on his side. We lowered our weapons but didn't put them away.

"Why are you here", I asked suspiciously, people started to have a habit of wanting me dead lately.

"We received word that a thief and two others were wanted by our enemy Minos. What better than to piss him of then helping his enemy", he said a smile on his face.

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend", the girl added also getting off her horse. Draea raised her sword again, warning her to stay back.

"Trust me. I don't want to spill your royal blood by beasts or gods. I already have two people willing to die for some reason. No offense", I stated to them both.

"No taken", Draea responded,

"It's been my pleasure", Darius bowed in my direction.

"What is it really that you want", I asked pulling a knife out and twirling it in my left hand. The twins glanced at each other.

"We want to go on an adventure. Ever since you helped is escape we couldn't stop thinking on how daring you were facing Minos and his men. That's what we want to live like", the boy said.

"Till someone you love dies. I've lost someone before to a rich man. Tried to steal from him as a game. Ended up dying", I said keeping my anger down. I didn't want to face that sore subject again.

"If you let have this one journey with you we will give you riches", he said eyes wide.

"How many times do I have to tell people I don't want money. If you lead the way To Oderus Jokova then you can stay. Kill one of us the other will kill you. Understand", I asked. They nodded.

"Draea catch them up on what they should know. I'm go scout out behind us to see if anyone is following us. If these silver spoon fed babies are, then there could be others",

"You can't go on your own", Draea said concerned.

"Darius would, but slow and heavy", the giant stated sadly.

"Okay. One of you twins know how to run", I asked. The boy looked at his sister.

"Diya knows something of it", the boy said.