Chapter 8: Poseidon's Domain

Odreus was extremely excited when I gave him the sword back. He barely could stay still as he held the sword up and looked at it in awe.

"I can't believe you got it. This sword is my world. Thank you Sayre", he said and bowed. I shook my head in disbelief.

"Okay I get it. Now where is Procrustes", I demanded angrily. My patients was wearing thin.

"Where any son who wants to earn their father's respect. He's in the ocean north of here",

"Wait a second in the ocean. That means he's a demigod and Poseidon granted him his heritage", Colt said. Everyone was with me outside of the Inn to see where we were to go next. A demigod. I've heard of them. Half human and half god. The children of these gods were granted powers of their parents, mainly the dominate gene or even a little of both parents. I already knew Procrustes was a demigod, but I didn't plan on him being where Poseidon was lived.

"So Poseidon is the god who took Atermis. That makes sense", Diya stated nodding her head approvingly at guess.

"Let's not make accusations yet. Poseidon isn't a minor god. He's powerful, and if we enter his home and kill his son or him, the wrath of the Olympians will fall onto us. Not to mention that he will be at his full strength when we enter the ocean", I said hastily. If it is Poseidon then we'll have a hell of problems.

"How do we get in ocean", Darius said an frustrated look on his face. He must've wanted to say so much more than a sentence.

"Good question Daruis", Oderus said proudly. This made him smile until Oderus continued, "I didn't think a brain was inside that brute of a head", he added. Darius gave him an acidic look.

"But, Poseidon will be allowing a party of humans to enter his castle for something of a Ball. Get in and you'll have a chance to find Atermis and who helps him", Oderus spoke attentively.

"How do we do that", asked Diya suspicious of Odreus intentions. He began whistling and looked around like he wasn't here while his left hand stood out. A snarl ripped through my throat and I pushed him against the Inn's wall. My forearm held him on his chest and my hand wrapped around his throat.

"You've been tempting me to kill you Oderus", I spat angrily and squeezed his neck. He coughed and wheezed till I felt someone grab my shoulder in a warning. I looked my grip and allowed him to breath.

"Fine. You'll have to be the first three hundred there or you can't go in", he said grimly. His face was flushed and hot by the looks or it.

"And that's all we needed. Have fun with your life Oderus", I snapped and twirled around.

"You guys ready to leave", I asked. They all nodded and I saw uncertainty in several of their eyes. I looked them all in the eye and tried to figure what it was.

"What", I demanded. Diya was the only brave enough to speak.

"You've been different ever since getting the sword back. What happened",

Everyone didn't have to speak to for me to know they were wondering the same thing.

"Nothing. Now let's get go-",

"He gets his short temper from his mother", Odreus whispered.

I froze, how...but when I turned he was gone. I tried to find him but it was futile. The little rat knew this place like the back of his hand. He knew who my mother was. And he didn't tell me. Draea was the one to stop me when I couldn't find him. She pulled me into a hug. I wasn't feeling sad just like I was missing a part of my life. And the little bum knew who it was. I didn't mind hugging Draea back, it felt good. Her heart beat pound restlessly against my chest and the sweet smell of her made me stop. She pulled back and her grey eyes searching mine swiftly.