Chapter 11: Death by the Will Of Death

The song attached is Usher ft Chris Brown Sometimes and is supposed to go with the half end of this story.

My friends were sitting down on some pure white couches. Come to think of it every room or furniture was white. Draea was the first to move, she grabbed me into a hug. I smiled. Darius walked up next.

"Sayre. Son of Atermis", he asked and I nodded.

"Yes. And Hermes is my dad",

"That makes you a-", Colt began,

"A Potential", Diya said and gulped. I nodded sourly.

"I chose to stay a demigod. I don't want to outlive the rest of you", I remarked.

"The only way for us to see you we had to agree to fight Procrustes and his army. I was glad I didn't use Ares ring yet, it'll come in handy", she said and looked at the ring on her finger.

"I didn't want you guys involved in this. It's dangerous", I said angrily.

"We knew what we were getting into. Besides, you said till your journey is over then we would leave. Your journey is just beginning", Diya said and bowed. Colt did the same.

"Even then we would still follow you to the ends of the world. We're your friends whether you like it or not", Colt said. I nodded.

"But promise me something. Stay away from danger as far as possible. I don't want your death with me", I said.

"So what do we do now", Darius asked, eyes wide.

"Now I need to train my son. And probably bond with him", Atermis called out from behind me. I turned and saw she was red eyed and sniffling, but a smile adorned her face.

"Good because I need to know how to use this stuff",

"Don't worry it'll be easy", my mother said. I still thought otherwise.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

Four weeks later

We sat in the thick bushes waiting in the pouring rain for Procrustes scouting party. All of us. My friends were the ones who helped me in tasks like this. I wanted them to stay as safe as they could, even if that means I have to watch them while I'm fighting.
I stiffened when I heard a wagon's wheel creak with age. I pulled my knives from my robes. The gods had given them back after my training was finished. I knew my full strength now. The speed was my favorite, time really did slowed. My hunting skills were transferred into cutting and killing quickly, which goes nicely with my speed. I finally saw a large group of men approach. Behind them was a wagon followed by another group of men. Thirty in the front and twenty in the back. They were expecting a frontal assault. And I was going to give it to them. I meet Darius's eyes and nodded.

I crouched and flexed my muscles as hard as I could and sprung out. I made way to the me and sliced my way through them. All thirty was dead before they even pulled their weapons. Thing was I can only do it every other hour, and I drained me like I ran twenty miles. That's where my friends step in, they would fight the twenty behind the wagon. As they attacked the group I walked up to the wagon driver and threw him off. He was harmless as far as I could tell.

"Colt take this wagon back to Olympus. We'll meet you at the gate", I yelled over to him. He jumped from the fray and hopped on and drove away. The last twenty was easily finished. They barely stood as a good fight. Draea walked back blood splattered on her dress. I frowned,

"You look murderous", I said. She smiled and kissed me softly. I smiled and pulled back. The last couple of weeks I couldn't hold back. Me and her were officially together.

"I can be murderous other than with a blade. Maybe one day you'll finally give in and let us have that night", she winked. Diya and Darius caught up with after making sure everyone was dead.

"Eww, can we not talk about this here. The rain is finally clearing and for the moment nothing sucks", Diya said wrinkling her nose.

"Yeah, please. Doing that in the rain where we kill about fifty men isn't sanitary", Darius piped in. His speech had been approved when Diya volunteered to help him. He's been acting weird around Diya. I'll say he fancies himself a warrior princess.

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. So can we go now", Draea said rolling her eyes. I turned and only had second to react. The wagon driver drew his knife and threw it towards me. The blades hissed as it came closer and closer. That was until a body jumped into view and blocked it. The body had been pushed back onto me. Shock hit me as Darius removed the man's head from his neck. I saw Diya enter my view and looked down at Draea's body. I looked down as well. The knife was buried into her chest, and she wasn't breathing.

No. That can't be right. She wasn't suppose to die like this. She didn't even have time to say goodbye. They always have a chance to say goodbye. It felt like a dream, but the tears falling freely from my face said otherwise. I sobbed deeply and clutched her body. Draea was smiling up at me, but her lifeless eyes made it seem empty.

"Draea", I whispered. My tears dripped onto her face freely. She didn't answer and I began weeping the rest of my heart out. She was gone.

~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤~¤

This is the part where you should play the song. Bye✌

Her funeral was held the next day. I still couldn't believe that she died. I wouldn't allow the pain to come. I kept telling myself she was going to be okay. I'll see her soon. But the lie sounded false as it did when I said it aloud to a worried Darius. They all tried to keep me company but I just wanted to be left alone. Why did she have to die. Two loves of my life is gone. Sara was first and then Draea. I just finally told her that I wanted to be together and now this happened. It couldn't be true. It had to not be true. We buried her where the Amazons lived. Strange as it was, me and Sylvia wept together. She didn't even glare at me, or blame me for it.

I still stood at her grave. The world seemed to past me on as I stayed in that moment. I didn't even realized Draea was the main reason that I declined Zeus's offer. Now that she was gone I seriously thought of it. My friends said I needed time to process everything before I made the chose so I let them have their way. I was going to do it sooner or later. It didn't matter anymore. Nothing, besides killing Hades and Procrustes. They were the reason she died. They were going to pay with it with their blood. I needed the moon knife. A god was going to die.