EIGHT

//

//

get ready lmaooo!

WARNING: this chapter will have A LOT of foreshadowing

WARNING: this chapter will have A LOT of foreshadowing. Keep an eye out on this one!

//

3 months ago..

"I'm exhausted from work. Let's just go to the Dingo and Jay's for supper instead." My mom spoke while rubbing her forehead, clearly stressed out.

My dad put his arm around her shoulder. "You alright, Lia?" Worry lines creased his forehead. She nodded her head while flashing us a fake smile. "I'm perfectly fine, Jace. Just a little stressed out, that's all."

He gave her a sympathetic smile and we all hopped in my dad's Cadillac. On the drive to the Dingo and Jay's, I couldn't help but keep staring at my mom from the backseat. She was on the passenger side, leaning her head against the side of the window, clearly worried about something. It was much more than stress I can tell you that.

We pulled up at the Dingo and Jay's and once my dad took the key out of the ignition, he turned his head towards me. "Ki, go ahead and go in there and order for us even though I'm pretty sure Dale already knows what we want. I need to talk to your mom."

I hesitated, but eventually got out of the car and slowly walked towards the Dingo and Jay's. When I entered, Dale's face lit up when he saw me. "Just you by yourself?"

I shook my head. "Nah, my mom and dad are talking in the car. You know what we want, right?"

He nodded his head. "Yes ma'am."

He went behind the counter and into the kitchen to prepare our food. I sat at our usual table and casually waited for my parents to come out of the car. After a few minutes passed, I tapped my fingers on the table impatiently.

I raised my head up to get a clear view of our car and furrowed my eyebrows. Mom was crying and my dad looked pissed. Dale snuck up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. "She finally told him."