TWENTY-SIX

"I was going crazy and was getting very depressed

"I was going crazy and was getting very depressed."
{Catherine Girgenti}

//

you may want to watch that audio, even though you may hate me :))))))

WE CAME BACK home from the Nightly Double with Steve and Soda. I have to admit, it was a pretty 'lit' night, according to Steve's vocabulary.

Pony and I got back on our usual sofas and I was about asleep when I heard Pony whisper something. "Sleep tight, Kip. Can't wait for our date tomorrow."

So, it was a date?

I smiled and smiled until I fell fast asleep. I honestly couldn't wait for tomorrow, besides the part of the night where we have to break into Bob's house. I could never be ready for that. If we get caught, we'll go to jail, or even worse, Bob will try and do something evil.

Or will he?

He's been extremely nice to me lately, so I have no clue.

"Kieran, wake up!" I heard Pony's voice. He was shaking me constantly. I sat up and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"Pony, why the hell are you waking me up this early?"

He started giggling. "Kieran, it's twelve in the afternoon."

"Oh."

I stood up and went to go change into something remotely nice. I was going on a date with Pony. Of course, he didn't care what I looked like, but I still wanted to at least surprise him a bit. I hopped in the shower, letting the warm water trail down my pale skin. It felt amazing. I just wanted to stay in here forever and forget about everything that was going on in my life.

Why can't it go back to the way it was?

I'd even take Bob bullying me again, just so I can go back to living my old and normal life. I would have Gramps. I'd wake up to him sitting in his rocking chair watching Andy Griffith, or sitting at the kitchen table reading a newspaper. I miss it. I miss him.

I felt this urge to throw up everywhere.

Was it possible that you could get so sad, you get sick?

I sat down in the shower, leaning my head against the wall of the bathtub. I couldn't move myself. There was a knock at the door. "Ki, are you alright?"