TWENTY-ONE

"All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle

"All is a riddle, and the key to a riddle..... is another riddle."
{Ralph Waldo Emerson}

//

"I CAN'T BELIEVE we're doing this." Pony spoke while shaking his head.

I smirked. "What? All we're doing is going to school."

He scoffed. "Yeah, going to school because we're trying to solve a mystery that could possibly get us killed!"

"You think too much." I spoke as I shook my head.

"Look, I did you a favor. We came here before all of the students are at school. If anyone asks why we're here, we'll just tell them that I'm here to get make-up work." I explained and Pony's expression relaxed a little.

We walked straight to Mr. Stilinski's room and when he saw us, his eyes went wide. "Kieran, what in the world are you doing here? You just got out of the hospital!"

I laughed. "Relax, Stilinski. I'm only here for make-up work."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Darry told me he would pick up your make-up work once he gets off of work."

Of course. 

"I figured I would just go ahead and pick it up. He's been stressed to the max lately, so I figured I'd just come up here and get it myself." I shrugged. The lie came out of my mouth easily. Like silk slipping through your fingertips.

He hesitated, but went over to his desk. I nodded at Pony and he started walking slowly towards the triangle. Mr. Stilinski started to look his way, but I coughed. "Mr. Stilinski, have I told you that Bob hasn't been bullying me anymore?"

That got his attention.

"Oh, really?" He raised his eyebrows, "well, that's awesome. I'm glad he's not picking on you anymore. But, remember what I told you? He may just-"

"He doesn't like me." I cut him off and Pony shot his head over to us, giving me a 'what the hell are y'all talking about?' look.

[WHAT PONY'S FACE LOOKED LIKE WHEN THEY SAID THAT LMAO DJFOSN]